Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thinking of You

Oh, what a gorgeous day today has ended up being.  With all the flowers blooming I just couldn't resist posting a beautiful flower card.  

But before I show you my card, I wanted to share some exciting news with you all. Late April I entered a challenge by Jellypark Stamp.  The theme was "one for the boys".  Last week they announced their top three winners.  Come to find out I was second winner.  Here was the card I entered:


Thank you ladies for picking me as one of your top winners.  I look forward to entering more challenges.  And with all said, I will be honored to share your badge on my blog.

Play along with us & win this badge! :)

Now with that said, let's get back to today's card.  I do have to say that I apologize for this picture as it is crooked.  When I put it on the scanner, the pearl in the center of the flower makes the card uneven.
   


Card Recipe:

Green cardstock - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Cream cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
Pink cardstock - 3 3/4" x 5"
Patterned paper - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"



I found this beautiful button flower by Sweet Elsie #38862 from the Silhouette store.  I cut it out on a darker pink cardstock.  Ran each piece through my cuttlebug using my swiss dots folder.  Chalked around each piece with a lighter pink and foam taped the flower together.  I also decided to not use the flower insert and put a cream pearl for the center.




The leaves were cut using the same green cardstock as the card.  The inserts for the leaves were cut from a darker green cardstock.  Each leaf was inked around with green ink.  I did not foam tape them down.  For the sentiment I used Hero Arts Clear Stamps "Everyday".  I inked it with Memento Tuxedo Black.  For the inside of the card, which is not shown, it was stamped "Because you're everything to us" using Everyday Expressions from The Paper Studio. 

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this beautiful day with me.  Have a wonderful weekend.



Challenges I've Entered:

A Creative Need - Mother's Day/For a Woman
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - May Flowers
DL Art - Anything Feminine
DL Art - Linky Party
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party
Little Scrap Pieces - Show Off Saturday
Penny Black and More - May/Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Stamplorations - Stamps & Flowers

3 comments:

  1. A dotted Swiss pink bloom - how sweet. And matches the BG of your blog perfectly too ;) Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color scheme and such a fabulous design. Thanks for joining our "May Flowers" -challenge at Charisma Cardz.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete