Saturday, May 10, 2014

There's nothing above a Mother's Love

Sharing another beautiful Mother's Day card.  Sure hope tomorrow is a lot nicer than today and yesterday.  Would really like to see some sunshine......   If not, I'll just continue to stare at this beautiful card.


This card was made using my cricut.  I used two different cartridges:  Wrap it Up and Kate's ABC.  I made a standard A2 card.  

Card Recipe:

White cardstock - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Green cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
Patterned Paper - 3 3/4" x 5"



For the fence, grass and roses, I used the cricut cartridge "Wrap It Up".  Everything except for the roses are located on page 45 and was cut at 3".  For the blue fence posts, I ran them through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder.  





The roses are located on page 25 and cut at 1/2".  More pictures of the roses are below.  I added clear rhinestones to the center to help with a boost of bling.



The hat was cut from the cricut cartridge "Kate's ABC".  You can locate it on page 26.  I cut it at 1" and added small rhinestones to rim of the hat.




Happy Mother's Day was stamped on green cardstock and punched out with my EK label punch.  I again added some small rhinestones and ran hot pink ribbon and the patterned paper and tied a knot.  Attached to label to the card using foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by.  I sure hope your having a much nicer day then I am.  So I'll just continue to spend my day admiring this colorful card.  P.S. if you have a few seconds please leave a comment.  


Challenges I've Entered:

4 Crafty Chicks - Flowers
613 Avenue Create - Anything "Bling"
BBTB2 - Mother's Day
Crafty Little Fairies - In the Garden
DL Art - Linky Party
DL Art - Anything Feminine
Dream Valley - Anything Goes
FCCB - Celebrate Mom
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party
Little Scrap Pieces - Show Off Saturday



14 comments:

  1. Very pretty Shawn I love the fence . I might need to pull that cart out and check the images thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I always enjoy seeing Cricut cards. Thanks for playing at Crazy 4 Challenges!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Shawn!! The fence, hat and roses are so very pretty. Love the bg paper, too. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Mother's Day' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card love the little fence with the cute little hat! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft colors of your card, the fence and the hat. What a pretty scene! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card! SO pretty!!! Your b/g paper is fabulous and I really like how you embossed the fence! Great job! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty - your soft colors are just lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges! I hope to see you again here next time! Hugs, Cornelia – DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty Shawn! I love the die cuts you used and the color combo. The background paper is amazing in making it look like a garden is growing behind the fence. So cool! Sorry I am so late in visiting you. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go!!! :)

    My contribution is at:
    http://cordes.re/blg/wind/?p=787

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should enter this at FCCB-they're giving away a $50 SVGcuts.com prize! They are allowing backlinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the information. I just entered.

      Delete
  11. Sweet, I love the pastel colors. Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really sweet, I love the colors you picked! Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card. Love the colours. Thank you for playing at Crafty Little Fairies, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete