Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, Megan!!!!

Well today is our youngest daughter's 19th birthday.  Since she worked early this morning (5am) and has to go back to work early tomorrow morning.  We decided to take her out to lunch at Famous Dave's.  In celebration of her birthday, our waiter made her an extra special sundae.


And before she left for work this morning, Dad decided to write on her car.  Below are a few pictures that were taken.





But most importantly her birthday card.  I had her pick out her colors and she decided on all sparkle/glitter cardstock.  However, she had know idea what she was getting.  So let's take a look.....




This photo was take with her iphone.  She really liked the way it came out.  Below are more pictures that were taken earlier with a camera.


Closed


With two flaps open




Close up of the front flap.  I used the file A2 Box Card Easter bunny (#56777) by Lori Whitlock from the Silhouette Store.  I cut the frame out of both black and white glitter cardstock.  Then stamped "Happy Birthday" with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  For all the banners, I included a white brad to help accent the multi color glitter cardstock.




Here is a close up of the card opened up.




Both the side panels were the same.  I also included silver glitter glue.



I added rhinestone to the cake.  They were originally clear until I took my marker pens and was able to match the color turquoise.  For the candle I put a small amount of yellow glitter glue to the top. 



The present was cut out of several different glitter cardstock.  After putting it all together, I realized that it still needed some bling.  So I added a clear rhinestone to the bow.  Seeing this in person looks a lot better then this picture.  Everything was cut using the A2 Box Card Birthday (#56156) by Lori Whitlock from the Silhouette Store.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this very special day with us.


Challenges I've Entered:

613 Avenue Create - Anything "Bling"
DL Art - Linky Party
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Super fun box card, I love all the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the bling! It's so pretty & happy birthday to your daughter!!!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again for our new challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete