Friday, May 30, 2014

Graduation Shaker Card

Today's been such a beautiful day.  So I wanted to get this posted quickly so I can enjoy the weather while I can.  Tomorrow we are do for rain.  Yuck!!!


Card Recipe:

Blue cardstock - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
Blue cardstock - 3 3/4" x 5"

Silhouette Store #43780 Polaroid Frame by Hero Arts (sized 3" x 4 1/2") cut out of white cardstock



Cricut cartridge Locker Talk

On page 48, I used the graduation hat on blackout at 1" and cut it out of black cardstock.  I glued it to the front of a piece of acetate.  

Since MSU's colors are blue and gold.  I went to Joann's, purchased sequins by Darice in both colors, and added them inside my shake box.  I wrapped gold ribbon around the polariod frame and tied a knot in the front.




Cricut cartridge Flower Shoppe

On page 17, I cut the <Sunflwr2> at 2.60" x 4.12" out of Cartulina from Recollection.  

I computer generated the sentiment using Times New Roman (22pt) and Cafe Rojo (28pt).  Note to self - next time give more spacing in between of and 2014.

I finished the card by adding some doodling with my white gel pen. 

My daughter's girlfriend will be graduating this Fall (2014) from Montana State University, so what better time then now to start her card.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a message.  I will be more than happy to assist you in anyway possible.  Otherwise, have a wonderful weekend.  I know I will because tomorrow is my birthday.  Can't wait to see what's in store for me.......  Until then, have a great day!


Challenges I've Entered:

DL Art - Linky Party
FCCB - Class of 2014
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday
Loves Rubberstamps - Add Some Doodling

10 comments:

  1. Love your shaker box card! Great design-thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super fun is this I love the sequins in the shaker part, very pretty.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shaker box is perfect. I just love this card. Thanks for joining FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shaker card. Love the colors. Thanks for linking to our challenge at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome shaker card! I love the doodling! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun shaker card! Perfect for Graduation! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at FCCB this week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super! I really like the sequins you added to make is a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so super cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful card. Great shaker card design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute. I had to Pin it to my sequins board.

    ReplyDelete