Monday, May 26, 2014

A Time to Honor America's Heroes

Happy Memorial Day!!!!




I sure hope everyone is having a fabulous day.  What a wonderful time to share with family and friends.  Today, I dedicating my card to my family.  Thank you for everything!!!




Card Recipe:

White cardstock - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Red cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
White cardstock - 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Blue cardstock - 3 1/8" x 4 3/8"




The blue cardstock was embossed with the stars folder.  If you look close enough you can see them.  The image "Marching Guards" was reduced in size so it would fit the height of my card.  At the last minute I decided to put foam tape on the back of the image and doodle around it with a white gel pen.  I wrapped white ribbon 5/8" around the layers before adhering to the card.  The stars were purchased from JoAnn's last year.  I ran some twine called "Americana" through each of the stars and tied a knot in the front before gluing onto the card.

Thank you for stopping by on this special day.  Be sure to say "Thank You" to all our Men and Women who serve to make this Country "Free".


Challenges I've Entered:

DL Art - Red, White & Blue
DL Art - Linky Party
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party
Red Carpet Studio - Saving Private Ryan


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the Marching Guards image. Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Love the details. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it your patriotic card so much what a tribute to Honor our brave men and women!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete