Friday, March 7, 2014

ICEDOGS Hockey Banquet

Last weekend was our final home game, along with parent's weekend.  During our banquet breakfast on Sunday, we had both raffles and silent auctions.  I made several of these gift card holders for our silent auction.




This cut is called Library Pocket & Gift Card Holder (#4215) by Lori Whitlock.




The puck is from a separate svg file that I have.  I cut it at 3.145 x 1.095 out of black cardstock.  I inked it with two different inks from Dew Drop (s. black - BD90 & m. white - BD80).  




I then copied and sized the logo down.  I foamed taped it onto the gift card holder after inking around the image.




The hockey stick also came from another svg file that I have.  I cut it at 4.310 x 2.735 out of white cardstock.  For the tape on the stick, I cut five black strips at 3/4" x 3/4" and removed any extra that might have hung over.  Then I inked the entire stick with black ink.


  

This is a rear view of the gift card holder.  The white cardstock is where the gift card was attached and then inserted into the holder.


Pictures from our banquet:


 Sitting area before everyone arrived.


Check in area.


Our raffle gifts.


Our silent auction gifts.

We had such a great time mingling with everyone.  We even raised two-thirds more from last year.  Way to go gang!!!

Challenges I've Entered:

DL Art - Linky Party
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card- Looks like a great way to end a fun season. Glad to hear you raised more $$ than last year that is always a good sign!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete