Monday, January 20, 2014

Love You Card

Hi everyone..... Yes, it's been awhile.  It's nice to be back.  For awhile, things had been really crazy.  Now that it's finally slowed down, I'll be able to focus more on my blog.  

Today's card, I'm featuring a Love You Card from Silhouette.  I found it to be a very simple pattern to put together.  So, let's get started. 


You can find this card in the Silhouette Store (#37263).

The base is cut out of red cardstock.  Hearts were cut using white cardstock.  Pink cardstock was adhered to the back of the hearts.  


Black cardstock was cut for the scalloped strip.  White cardstock was cut for the layered strip. 


I wrapped this beautiful ribbon from Recollection around the white cardstock before adhering it to the black cardstock.  (Sorry picture is fuzzy).


Another fuzzy picture.  I wanted to enlarge the heart so you could see what I did.  However, that didn't seem to work out all that well.  I cut the small heart out of red cardstock.  Put glossy accent on the heart and attached a small rhinestone in the middle before drying.

  
For the inside of my card, I used the hearts that came off from the front cut.  Just couldn't see wasting them.  Attached them to a piece of white cardstock.  I then attached the white to a piece of pink cardstock.  I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" on the white cardstock using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  The stamp came from My Craft Spot "Always & Forever" collection.   

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope I have encouraged someone out their in blogville. 


Challenges I've Entered:

2 Creative Chicks - Anything goes
Card A Day Blog - Valentines, Thank You, Get Well Soon
DL Art - Heart, Hearts, Valentine's Day
Kreativeinkauf - Challenge - Hearts
Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings - Valentine's Day/Love and Ribbon
Silhouette Challenges - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Valentine's Day or Use Hearts
Sunshine Mail - Anything goes with a Valentine Twist 

13 comments:

  1. Eine wirklich *herzige* Karte ,
    danke das du bei KEC mitmachst .
    LG
    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein tolles Werk. Danke daß du bei der KE-C mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love all of the fun elements. Thanks for joining the Sunshine Mail Challenge!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme am Kreativeinkauf-Challengeblog.

    LG; Ilonka

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design. Love the monochromatic coloe scheme.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #124 Hearts challenge, Have a great day- Happy New Year!!
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graet Valentines card. Thank you for joining us at Silhouette Challenges.
    Alice DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and I love that cut from Silhouette, you did an amazing job with it. I love that you did the inside of your card too, so sweet and so perfect for Valentine's Day. Thank you so much for joining us at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shawn: Your 2nd entry card is so pretty too--also love these hearts. Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card :) I love the Silhouette store and glad to see more girls using the designs. Thanks for playing along with us at CADB

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty design! Love the hearts...Thanks for joining us at Sunshine Mail Foundation! -- Princess DT member

    ReplyDelete