Friday, September 13, 2013

Something Tweet

Recently I've needed a few Anniversary cards and this one just fit that special occasion.


Recipe:

Green cardstock - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Brown cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
Blue cardstock - 3 3/4" x 5"
Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge - 4"


Brown cardstock (tree) 3 3/4" x 1 1/2" embossed with Tim Holtz "woodgrain" folder



Embossed the basket with The Paper Studio "Mesh Texture" folder




The leaves were inked with green and then I ran my stylus down the middle to give it some dimension.



For the birds, each was inked up in there own color.  I added light pink to their cheeks by using the end of a #2 pencil eraser.  Black Zig pen was used for the eyes.  


For the top hat, I used a white gel pen and stitched around it.  I made a bow out of pink twine and glued a rhinestone in the middle.  For the heart I used DCWV the immortal love cardstock stack.

Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges I've Entered:

DL Art - Linky party September
DL Art - Wedding
Sentimental Sundays - Something "Tweet"
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes
Everyday is an Occasion - Sunday Funday Link Party



4 comments:

  1. Shawn your card is so adorable.. I like how you made one pink and one blue bird. Thanks for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY Wedding challenge #117

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so adorable!! I love the embossing!
    Tracy
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week.
    Have a blessed day!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us at Penny's..And good luck..

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete