Saturday, September 7, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!!!

If today is your birthday, then happy birthday to you!!!

Over a year ago my Husband bought me a silhouette cameo for my birthday because it was something I really wanted.  Well, needless to say, I've been spending time trying to figure out how to use it.  Over this course of time, I've been saving SVG files like crazy.  So that has taken sometime to download since I've got over 10,000 images.  There is still alot of things I'm trying to figure out how to work.  But I think for the most part, I've got the basics.  Today's card is just one of many that I've recently made.  I sure hope you like it.

So let's get to it, shall we......



I used the cut file from Birdscards.com called Deep Edge Card 8.  I cut it with, of course, my silhouette cameo out of white cardstock.  I wanted to add some black cardstock (4" x 5 1/2") to the bottom so I made the card about 1/2" smaller than a standard A2 card.  




For the top part of the card. I cut the following:

White cardstock -  1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Patterned cardstock - 1 1/2" x 5"
Black cardstock - 1" x 4 1/4"
White cardstock - 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Adhered the first two together with my ATG gun, then again with the last two.  Then I used foam tape to put on the main card, along with adhering them both together.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" on the smaller white cardstock with Mememto Tuxedo Black Ink.




I ran some Metallic Silver ribbon from Celebrate It through the slots and finished it off by tying a knot.




For the center of each flower I glued a small rhinestone in the middle.




This picture is the inside where I will type a sentiment off of white cardstock and place it  in the middle of the patterned cardstock.  The top black is the black cardstock from the front.  I cut a piece of black cardstock (5 1/4" x 4"), then layered it with the patterned cardstock (3 3/4" x 5").  

And there you have it, my finished "Happy Birthday" card.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Saturday.


Challenges I've Entered:


Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
DL Art - Linky Party "Anything Goes" September
Taylored Expressions - Tic Tac Toe



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous striking card, love black and white. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete