Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall is in the Air

Wow!!!  How quickly we went from 80* degree temperatures to having snow in our backyards.  Don't get me wrong, I love having the snow.  But can't we just enjoy Fall/Autumn first.

I apologize for not posting last weekend.  My hands seemed to be a little tied up with our Granddaughter.  With the snow arriving early on the roads, it's going to get harder to visit with her.  So we've been trying to spend as much time with her as possible.

With all said, here is today's feature.


Recipe:

Orange cardstock (DCWV Fall stack) - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White cardstock - 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Yellow cardstock (DCWV Fall stack) - 4" x 5 1/4"
White cardstock - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Green cardstock (DCWV Fall stack) - 3 3/4" x 5"
White cardstock - 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"




I cut my basket out of the doodlecharms cricut cartridge at 2".  I added brown brads to the basket and used my black zig pen to outline.  I then cut all my leaves out from the same cartridge at 1".  I inked each leaf with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" ink and layered them to back of the basket.  I adhered the basket to card with foam tape.  Adhered some of the leaves to the front of the basket with the same foam tape.  I punched the bottom of the white cardstock with an EK punch.  This same punch was used for the inside of the card (see below).  Orange ribbon was wrapped around some of the layered cardstock before adhering all to the main card.  Finally, I used some glitter glue to add dots to the upper corners.





I left the inside blank, so I can stamp my sentiment later.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.


Challenges I've Entered:

Die Cuttin' Diva's - Fall colors
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy - Linky Party
DL Art - Linky Party
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
My Craft Spot - Pinterest Inspired
All That Stickles - Fall Harvest
Docerela Creations - Anything Goes
Created With Love - Fall colors
Love to Create - Color Inspired
Pile It On - Cool or Warm colors
Everyday is an Occasion - Sunday Funday Linky Party
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
HIMCR (Hiding in my Craftroom) - LOL
Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Linky Party
Paper Pretties - Where did all the designer paper go?
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love it. Thanks for joining our Fall Colors Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just Beautiful!!!!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Love the color of all the leaves and they way you inked the edges. Yes spending time with grandchildren is always filled with Love.
    Thanks so much for sharing at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty fall card! Thank you for participating with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Good Luck! =0) Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely fall card ! The leaves are very pretty ! Thank you so much for joining us at Pile it On Challenges !

    MayraDTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card! Love all the texture in the papers and the colors are spot on perfect for fall! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card and all the leaves you have used thanks for sharing with CWLC this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful fall colors, love your basket of leaves! TFS at DCD's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Live all the leaves. TFS with us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous CAS card! Love how you used the leaves with different colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Card Crew DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very pretty. Thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! I love how the Bazzill cardstock gives the leaves such awesome texture. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creation in our challenge this week, and PLEASE stop by again soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for Fall! Thank you for joining us for our Colored Inspired Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Shawn - perfect for Autumn. Thanks for joining us this week at Love To Create Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fall leaves with all that texture, gorgeous colors and a beautiful layout.
    Thank you for posting with us. It is wonderful seeing your projects.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh - I so very love this! PERFECTLY captures fall! I just want to climb in that basket of leaves! So glad you played along at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fall card! Love the leaves! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card, love all the layers!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete