Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lucky Charm

What a Sunday!!!  Today we woke up to SNOW!!!  Yes, I said snow.  Yesterday was such a beautiful day, what happened?

Before, I share today's card.  I would like to apologize to you all.  I promised this card was going to be posted yesterday.  But with my Son-In-Law deploying yesterday.  It became the last item on my list of things to do.  For those of you that can relate, thanks for understanding.  Yesterday was a very emotional day for all of us.  However, everything went smoothly.  Now we wait for his return and pray everyday that he and his troop stays safe.  God Bless You All!!!

Now, for all of us that are Irish.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  Since the Corn Beef, red potatoes and cabbage are cooking in the crock pot.  I thought I would take a few minutes and share with you my "Lucky Charm".  So let's get started....

Today's card is a shaped card.  On St. Patrick's Day the tradition is usually to drink beer.  Well now a days it is green by simply adding a few drops of green color into a light colored beer.  How easy is that.  Here is mine...

 
The color yellow is actually orange.  But for some reason when I scanned my card it turned it yellow.  Oh well, he still is cute.
 
 
Recipe - Base Card:
 
Everyday Pop-Up Cards Cricut Cartridge
 
White cardstock - Page 42 <Mug> (4.14" x 5.50") weld two together using your gypsy
Gray cardstock - Page 42 <Mug-s> (3.86" x 5.50") flip
Green cardstock - cut to fit behind the gray
Gold cardstock - <Mug/Layer 1> (3.66" x 5.50") 
 
 
 
 
Recipe - Leprechaun:
 
Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge
 
Black cardstock - <Leprchn2> 3"
Cream cardstock - <Leprchn2/Layer1> 3"
Green cardstock - <Leprchn2/Layer2> 3"
Gold and Pink cardstock - <Leprchn2/Layer3> 3"
Orange cardstock "this is the yellow" - <Leprchn2/Layer4> 3"
 
Adhere all together and then foam tape Leprechaun to the base of the card.  Inside the card I stamped "Happy St. Patrick's Day!".
 
 
Challenges I've Entered:
 
FCCB - Luck of the Irish
Use It Tuesday - Diecuts, Punches, & Cutouts
Party Time Tuesday - Luck of the Irish
DL Art - Linky Party "March"
Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Luck of the Irish
 
 
 
Have a safe St. Patrick's Day!!!!
 
Hugs,
Shawn

5 comments:

  1. Great St. Pat's Day card. Cute leprechaun. Thanks for playing along at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Happy St. Patrick's day
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawn! Thanks for playing over at FCCB! This card is great! Love that it is a mug full of green beer!
    I'm a new follower too!!
    Scrappy hugs,
    Connie FCCB DT
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining us over at FCCB for our St Patricks Day xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a fun card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Use it Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete