Friday, February 15, 2013

Where The Heart Is.....

I know........ I'm still sharing some Valentine's Day cards.  However the way I look at it, you can use these for both a Wedding or Anniversary card.  For this card, I did not use any cricut cartridge.  All I used was some embossing folders and my paper cutter.  Here is what I came up with......




Recipe:

Black cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"), (3 1/4" x 4 1/2"), and (2 1/4" x 3 1/2")
White cardstock (4" x 5 1/4"), (3" x 4 1/4"), and (2" x 3 1/4") 


Directions:

*  Emboss white cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") and (3" x 4 1/4") with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Wicker Weave"
*  Emboss white cardstock (2" x 3 1/4") with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Heart Blocks"
  *  Stickles "Red" to color out one of the hearts
*  Glue 3mm red rhinestones in the center of each weave
*  ATG the layers together and then foam tape them onto the main card
*  Wrap ribbon "Happy Valentine's Day" from Hobby Lobby around all layers before taping the white down on the black
 
 
Challenges I've Entered:
 
Red Carpet Studio - Where the heart is
Exploring Cricut - Be My Valentine
FCCB - Be My Valentine
Sentimental Sunday - Love is in the air
My Craft Spot - For Your Sweetheart
Papercraft Star - Red
CTO - Valentine Anything Goes
DL Art - Linky Party
 Cas-ual Fridays - Black, White, plus 1
 
Thank you all for leaving such wonderful comments.  I greatly appreciate them all.
 
Have a great Friday!!!
Shawn

12 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I love it. I really want to try one of these triple stamping cards. thanks for the inspiration
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfectly lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Papercraft Star but we do have a challenge restriction for entrants ... only 4 other challenges ... sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Shawn and thanks so much for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Shawn. Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio.

    Cheers
    Dawn
    RCS CDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and clever, love the idea of this card. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful CAS Valentine!!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! LOVE that ribbon! Thanks so much for joining our Sweetheart Challenge at My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the layers with all the embossing and gems! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, love your texture and dimension! Thank you for joining us @ CTO for our "Valentine Anything Goes" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of those red rhinestones!!! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossing and gems on this are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete