Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Day Pouch

Today I'd like to share with you a pouch that I made.  I got this idea from a youtube video I saw.  Everything that was used to make this pouch is from left over stash that I have hanging around in my office.  So let's get started:


 

You will need a piece of 6" x 6" cardstock paper.  Fold in half making a triangle.  Then take the end points and fold over to make your closure making sure that you receive a straight line.  Then take the top point and fold it down.  It's as easy as pie.  If your not sure what I'm talking about feel free to email me or go directly to youtube and search Valentine's Day pouch




I took some white paper doilies from Celebrate it and traced the pouch and flap.  Cut them out and ATG taped them to the pouch.


 

Got my cricut cartridge "sweethearts" out and made a heart at 1 3/4" in black cardstock on "Blackout"; 1 1/2" in white cardstock on "Blackout"from page 40 of the manual.  Then I stamped "Be Mine" and added two clear rhinestones.  I slipped the heart under the ribbon and the pink paper clip. 




Here is a close-up of the paper clip.  I purchased a bag of them in multi colors from Staples.




I wrapped pink ribbon around the entire pouch to help keep everything closed.  Add a white rose from Recollection and hot glued it to the bow.




Finally, I filled my pouch with some Lindor Truffles.  I apologize for the blurry picture.  I had to use my scanner since I left my camera at my daughter's house.  Which we plan on picking it up this weekend after visiting everyone.


Challenges I've entered into:

Created with Love - Valentine's Day
Fashionista - Valentines
Decorate to Celebrate - Valentine Love
Freshly Brewed - Hearts and Dots
Crafty Ribbon - Anything Goes w/Ribbon
Sarah Hurley - Anything But a Card
3 Girl Jam - 3D Valentine's w/Ribbon
Twisted Tuesday - Free For All
DL Art - February Linky Party
Hotshot Craft - Anything But a Card


 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Saturday.
 
Hugs,
Shawn

26 comments:

  1. Such a lovely gift!!! I love it. Thanks for joining our Valentines Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
       

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shawn. What a fab idea, and I love the design of it. It makes the perfect little gift.
    Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
    Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute great for valentines thank you for joining us at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn, This is so cute! Thanks for including all of your little detail photos, too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little treat!! I don't think I've seen the pouch before -- It's so perfect for Valentine favors!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and fabulous treat pouch!! So sweet. Thanks for joining us for our month long Hearts and Dots challenge at the Fresh Brewed Blog.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great creation!! Perfect for that special treat! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Valentines Day Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome project Shawn. Great paper and embossing.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun pouch! Cute design! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the style and colors!! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
    LisaO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute treat pouch! I love the embossing! thank you for sharing and joining with us over at DTC! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great ! Thank you for joining us at HSC for our "anything but a card" challenge

    hugs sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great gift.
    Thanks for playing at Crafty Ribbons :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute creation! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely.What a great idea-the chocolates look fab in it!Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute (and yummy) little treat. Way to use up that stash! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM.
    Cheri - 3GJ DT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab project. Thanks for sharing with us at Twisted Tuesday and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute little idea!!! Darling!

    Thanks for joining in this week at Fashionista!!! Good luck in the draw and keep playing along, we love to see your craftiness!!!

    DT~~Rina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty and a lovely idea! Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this time! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shawn, this is so super sweet! Darling job with all the fun embellishments and way to use up those scraps! Thanks for all the tips you shared to recreate this cute project!
    Thanks for linking up to the 3D Valentine Day Challenge at 3 Girl JAM. Be sure to join us tomorrow when the new challenge starts, too!
    :O)
    Jessica B
    3GJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous treat pouch!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful treat pouch! Love the pop of black with the great tag. Thank you for creating with us at Fresh Brewed Designs!

    ReplyDelete