Friday, February 1, 2013

Surf's Up!!!

Wow!!!  Is it just me or did January just fly by?  I personally feel it flew by.  Well with January gone, we better get started with this month since it is a shorter month.  So let's get started.
 
Our Nephew's Birthday is this month.  And since I've been sharing so many Valentine's Day cards, I thought  I'd change it up a little and share with you his birthday card.




For the main card, I used black cardstock and sized it to make an A2 card.  I cut a piece of patterned paper at 4" x 5 1/4" and stitched around the edge with my black zig pen.


 
 
For the surfer, I used the cricut cartridge "Pack Your Bags".  On page 52 of the manual, I cut everything out at 3 3/4" including the shadow.  I inked white around the waves to help give it a rip curling effect.  I also inked around the body with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" distress ink.  Finally, I took my black zig pen and dotted his eye.  What a cool dude!  Surely makes we want to start thinking about a "Hawaii" vacation.......
 
 
 
 
Finally, I stamped "Happy Birthday" on the bottom of the patterned paper in memento tuxedo black.  The stamp came from Studio 112.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
My Craft Spot - Wish Big
 
 
Well Austin, we hope you have a wonderful birthday.  Love You!!!
 
As for my followers, thank you so much for stopping by and visiting.  As always, I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments.  They mean alot and help inspire me to do more......
 
Happy Scrappin,
Shawn


5 comments:

  1. thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge this week with you super cool birthday card makes me long for summer and some beach time. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so SUPER cool, LOVE the cut!

    Thanks so much for joining the "Birthday" challenge at Little Scrap Pieces.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son sure would like this card! He loves to surf as much as he can. Thanks for sharing at Little Scrap Pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card! LOVE the surfer and fun papers! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Definitely fits the theme perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete