Saturday, February 2, 2013

I Love You!!!!

GOOD MORNING Scrappers!!!!  Today's card is yet again another Valentine's Day card.  So let's get started shall we:

  
 
 Recipe:

 White card base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
White cardstock (4" x 3 1/4")
Patterned Paper by Paper Pizazz (4" x 3 3/4")

Note:  Adhere both the white cardstock and the patterned paper together to measure (4" x 5 1/4")
 
Then I got out my Cricut Cartridge "Doodlecharms".  On page 85 of the manual, I cut directly from the combined paper, the scalloped heart at 2".  How to do this, you put your combined paper on the cutting mat.  Load it and bring down the cutting blade three times.  Then cut the image.  After it was cut, I ran it through my cuttlebug with the folder Divine Swirls.
 
 
  
 
From there, I foam taped the back and attached it to the main card.  Then I reached for an old stamp that I got from Costco.  It's been so long, that I think they came in set of two with eight stamps in each.  I also believe they were from Message Star.  See photos below:
 
 
 
 
 
Of course, I used the above stamp "I Love You".  Centered it the best I could and stamped.




Then to finish the look, I took some Offray 3/8" ribbon called "Sherry" from Joanns.  Made a bow and glued it down with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive glue.  Added a pearl to the middle and I was finished.    

So easy and yet so elegant.

 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
365 Cards - You Raise Me Up
Whiff of Joy - Love & Hearts
Die Cutting Divas - Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday - Free to All
ODBD - Love
ABC14 - Valentine's Day
Try It On Tuesday - Celebrate Valentine's Day
Scrap Creations - Valentines
Perfect Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes with a Die Cut
Ruby Rainbow - Valentines
Jen's Digi Stamp - It's All About Love
Craft Us Crazy - Use Cutting Machine
Dare To Be Sassy Thursdays - Love Is In The Air
MilkCoffee Challenge - Valentines
Delightful Sketches - Red and White
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
DL Art - Use Red or Pink


Again, thank you all for stopping by.  Also "welcome" new followers.  I hope to have inspired some of you.  I'm not always able to respond to your comments, but I did want you all to know that I do read each and every one of them.  I truly appreciate them as they inspire me to become more creative.  THANK YOU!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Hugs,
Shawn

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the cut out heart and the wonderful embossing! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful and very romantic!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Valentines card. Thanks for joining us over at Ruby's Rainbow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really classy Valentines Day card!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. Thank you for playing along this week at Jen's Digi Stamps. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl Jen's Digi Stamp DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, great layout. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge, unfortunately we cannot enter the card into the prize draw, as we only allow five challenge entries including our own. We do hope you will join us in the next challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is pretty! Nice details!

    Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenges Valentine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! PRetty card
    Thanks for joining us at 365 cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very pretty card!! Love the embossing!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!! Love all the pink and the embossing. Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty Shawn.
    Thanks for joining in at Crafty Ribbons for 'anything goes with ribbon'
    Laura
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the simplicity. Thank you for playing along with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple but effective card. Thankyou for sharing it with us TioT! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative and pretty!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete