Sunday, January 13, 2013

Valentine Teddy Bear

Happy Sunday!!! 

What a crazy weekend it has been.  It has been snowing here since Friday afternoon.  Our temperatures have not even reached the double digits.  So needless to say, I've been hibernating in my craft room. 

Well, since we are only a month away from Valentine's Day, I thought I would get a head start (like everyone else (ha,ha)) and start sharing some cards.  Today's feature is "Valentine Teddy Bear".


 
Card Recipe:
 
Pink cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
White cardstock (4" x 5 1/4")
Patterned Paper (Walmart - Studio G) (3 7/8" x 5 1/8")
DCWV Shimmer cardstock (3 1/4" x 4 1/2")
 
 
 
Image Recipe:
 
Teddy Bear Parade - Teddy Bear at 3 1/2"
Valentine images (1 row; 4th button) at 3 1/2"
 
I inked hot pink around the wings and outfit.  I used DCWV Red shimmer cardstock for the hearts, bow and arrow.  I even cut out additional heart using my gypsy.  I also inked around the ears, mouth, and belly with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" distressed ink.  I double foam taped the teddy bear before adding it to the white cardstock
 
 
 
 
Then I wrapped hot pink floss from We R Memory Keepers around the white cardstock before adhering to the main card.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
DL Art - January Linky Party "Anything Goes"
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes
 Melody Lane Designs - Teddy Bear Contest
 Craft Room  - Valentines
 
 
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and stayed more.  I think I'm going to curl up with a blanket and a cup of apple cider now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting.
 
Hugs,
Shawn

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Shawn I love the litle angel teddy bear. the corls you used and the sparkle are so nice.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just the cutest loved up bear going, xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, like how you added the twine/cord. Thank you for playing along with us at the Craft Room challenge. Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute valentine bear, Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge this fortnight. Good luck

    Hugs
    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering my contest.The voting has started and it will only allow you to vote once. So tell your friends. http://melodylanedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/01/naked-teddy-bear-parade-contest.html

    ReplyDelete