Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

I apologize that I have been MIA!!!  But when you have three gorgeous girls like these in the picture visiting, who could resist.....



Ava's Mom (Kayla - Our Daughter)
Ava (2 1/2 weeks old) 
Megan (Ava's Aunt - Our Daughter)


But now that two have gone home and the other has gone back to school, we need to get back to work.  Bummer!!!  But in the meantime, I have a few exciting things to share with you all.  I won two different entries over the past 2 1/2 weeks. 

My first one was with DL Art.    Diana's challenge was Music.  Below is a picture of the card that I entered:
 
 
For information on this card, please visit this address: http://classiccreationsbyshawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/noel.html.
 
 
My second one was with 3 Girl Jam.  Their challenge was Christmas Inspiration.  Below is a picture of the card that I entered:
 
 
For more information on this card, please visit this address:  http://classiccreationsbyshawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/santa-coming-down-chimney.html.  My prize from them will be crinkle ribbon.  I am so very excited to play with this ribbon.  I chose to receive the "Spring Flowers Bundle".  Here is a picture of the ribbon:
 
Image of Spring Flowers Bundle
 
If you are interested in purchasing some of this gorgeous ribbon, please visit 3 Girl Jam.


Now for today's project.  I made this card in honor of each and everyone of you.  I would like to "Thank You" all for following me, referring me, and choosing me as a winner of the your challenges.  2012 was an amazing year, but I can already feel that 2013 is going to be even better of a year.  So without further ado, here's to you:
 
 
 
Kraft cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") Standard A2
Green cardstock (4" x 5 1/4")
Yellow patterned paper (3" x 3 3/4")
Green patterned paper (3" x 3 3/4")
 
 
 
Cricut Cartridge Wild Card - On page 49 <Thanks/phrase> I cut this image at 9 1/2" out of brown cardstock.  Took my white gel pen and added some dots.
 
 
 
Add some Recollection brown pearls.
 
 


Before adhering everything to the base of the card I wrapped brown ribbon around to hide the connection of the two patterned papers and tie a knot.  Refer to upper photo if you have any questions.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Casual Fridays - Thank you
DL Art - Thankful Thursday January
3 Girl Jam - Anything Goes
2 Sister Challenge - Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces - Anything Goes
 
 
Well everyone, have a wonderful evening.  Again, thank you for all your support through 2012.
 
Hugs,
 
Shawn
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Shawn your card is so beautiful I love the color, and you did an awesome job tying tying the bow.

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what I said above and
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thank you card! Love the color combo! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam and Little Scrap Pieces Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Love the color combo:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at the challenge at LSP!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card! Enjoy your ribbon- it got mailed out today!! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    Julie
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for joining the lsp challenge this week with your beautiful thank you card love the soft color tones and you fabulous bow. Karen

    ReplyDelete