Friday, December 7, 2012

Santa Coming Down the Chimney

Hi Everyone!!!

Today's shape card is "Santa Coming Down the Chimney".  So let's get busy.........



 
You will need the following cricut cartridges to make this card:
 
A Quilted Christmas
Christmas Cheer
Joys of the Season
 
Note:  I used my Gypsy to make this card, so all measurements are based on that.
 
 
You will need to first start with the cricut cartridge "A Quilted Christmas". On page 29, I used the image <Chimney> sized it at 5", copied, flipped, and welded together in white cardstock to make the main base of the card. I then cut the same image again in red cardstock. 
 
 
 
 
I embossed the candles with the cuttlebug swirl folder.  This had to be done before attaching to the main base card.
 
 
 
 
After attaching, I used some gold glitter glue to accent the candles.
 
 Now you will cut image <Chimny-s> at 5" in a lighter red if you have it.  If not don't worry.  Attach "ONLY" the chimney to the card base. 
 
 
I used red stickles glitter to fill in the design.
 
Now for layers 1, I cut the first image in white.  Yes above photo as to the one piece and where it will be added for the card.  The bigger piece will be added just under your candles.  The second image was cut in green cardstock and the boots were cut in gray.
 
 
 
 
This is when you will attach your image from <Chimny-s> and then attached the boots.  Layer 2 of the boots was cut in black.  After gluing all pieces I lightly inked around the boots.  The other Layer 2, you will only need to cut the belly for Santa in white cardstock.  Again everything was cut at 5".
 
 
 
 
This is where the green garland will be glued.  I also decided to punch out about 20 leaves using the Recollections leaf punch.
 
 
 
 
This is a close up of the leaves. Then I used (4) very small red rhinestones to help give some character to the garland.
 
 
 
 
After everything was put together.  I thought it still looked plain.  So I chose to find a wreath.  You will find this one in the "Joys of the Season" cricut cartridge manual on page 66.  I cut the image <Wreath1> at 1.31" x 1.26 and hid all the lines.  I used the same green cardstock and the garland and inked the wreath with Dew Drop Pearl Ivy ink.  I also used the red stickles glitter glue to add red balls.  I finised it up with making a bow with red ribbon.  I attached the bow to the wreath with foam tape.  The wreath was also foam taped to the chimney. 
 
I still didn't feel it was completed.  I needed some stockings.....
 


So I chose to use Cricut Cartridge Christmas Cheer.  On page 94 of the manual I used the image <Stckg1>.  However, I hid all the lines and cut it out at 1" in gold cardstock from Recollections.
 
Now, I think it is completed........
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
DL Art - December Holidays
DL Art -  Linky Party Anything Goes
DL Art - Anything Red or Green
Paper Playtime - Christmas Colors
My Craft Spot - Merry Christmas
Paper Pretties - Christmas Inspired
Cardz TV - Tis the Season
Papercraft Star - Gold on your card
Die Cuttin' Divas - Holiday Spirit
3 Girl Jam - Christmas Inspiration
Scrappy Moms Stamps - Christmas Time
Ribbon Carousel - The Holidays
 Cricut Chirp - December Christmas Challenge
 
 
I sure hope this shaped card helps inspire those that need a little extra inspiration.
 
Hugs,
Shawn


19 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!TFS
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love everything about it. those Santa legs are too cute. So glad you shared with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love santa's legs dangling and all the glittery accents! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I love, love that image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative and such a fun shape. Thanks for joining the 3 Girl JAM Christmas challenge.

    Cheri -3 Girl JAM DT
    www.djsssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darn cute. I love it. It cracks me up
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES December Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...love it! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD! Lee-Ann:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job - so much detail and it all turned out fabulously. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! Cute, and great embossing! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a super fun and adorable card!! very creative :)
    Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with our Christmas Inspiration Challenge over at the 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog!!
    Jessica
    3GJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun and adorable! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You really added a lot of beautiful touches to your card. I love all of the bling and glitter. Thanks for entering your card in the Monday challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! Love this fun cut! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an adorable card. Gorgeous embossing and layers. Thanks so much for linking up to our Christmas Challenge at 3 Girl JAM. Wishing you a Happy New Year!
    :O)
    Jessica B.
    3GJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute!! Please check out this post.
    http://www.omascrafts.com/2012/12/christmas-inspiration-winners.html

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria
    3 Girl JAM DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. I find it so adorable indeed! It looks simple yet the personal touch you add on it makes it worth something special. You have an awesome blog!

    chimney service

    ReplyDelete