Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!!!!

Wow!!!  I can't believe only ten more days before Christmas.  I hope to inspire a few of you with today's card.  But before we get started, crap your Gypsy and the following cricut cartridges:  December 25 and Elegant Edges.
 


 
White card base 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
blue mat 5 1/4" x 4"
White mat 5" x 3 3/4"
DCWV (The Glitter Christmas Stack) patterned mat 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" ** should be a little smaller than the white mat 
 
 
 
 
For this frame I used the cricut cartridge Elegant Edges.  On page 36, I cut the image <Bird1-s Oblong> at 3.85" in white cardstock.  Then I ran the frame through my cuttlebug using the snowflakes folder.
 
 


For this tree I used the cricut cartridge December 25th.  You will find this image on the third row ninth button over on the key pad.  I cut it at 3.25" out of silver cardstock from DCWV.
 
 


I strung rhinestones from Recollections to give the tree a little more glitter.
 
 


I covered the main star with a blue star button that I got from Hobby Lobby.  I needed to cover up the two little holes so I decided to add another rhinestone.
 
 


Before adhering the two smaller mats to the first two mats.  I needed to wrap some white ribbon around.  Then I foam taped the frame down and foam taped the tree onto of that.  Giving some dimension.  My finish touch was adding three silver pearls to each side of the ribbon.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
 
Creative Cutter Room - No red or green
Cardz TV - Dreaming of a White Christmas
Papercraft Star - A Christmas Tree
Ribbon Carousel - Holiday Spirit
DYSU - Christmas
Cricut Chirp - December Christmas
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by......  Have a wonderful Saturday!
 
Hugs,
Shawn
 
 
 




 


8 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful Shawn. I love how you put the bling on the tree. So festive looking.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter room.
    CCR DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful-- love this tree-- so pretty! The bling is the perfect touch! Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Blue and silver always look great in the winter. Thanks for sharing at Creative Cutter Room.

    Happy Holidays,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I have both those carts so I can try to make a version of your beautiful card! thanks so much for joining the CTVS challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree! Great embossing! Thanks for joining us over at the CCR! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love that tree image and the bling you added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love that silver tree! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn, this is a beautiful card, I love your tree! thanks for sharing with us this week at the Papercraft Star.

    ReplyDelete