Monday, December 17, 2012

Noel

This morning I was reminded that a week from today is Christmas Eve.  Where oh where has the time gone?  Before you know it Christmas will be over and we will be celebrating Valentine's Day........  So I will save that card for then. 

But today, I would like to share with you another wonderful card.  This one is not your standard A2 card.  Nor is it a shape card.  This card is one that fits smoothly into a #10 envelope.  So let's take a look..........



   I started with a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white cardstock paper.  Cut it down to measure 8" x 9".  Scored it in half.  This becomes your base card.  Then I cut a piece of red cardstock to measure 3 3/4" x 4 1/4".  Cut green cardstock to measure 3 1/2" x 4".  The pattern paper was cut at 3 1/4" x 3 3/4" and edges inked with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye".  These three mats were adhered together with my ATG gun.  I wrapped red ribbon around the layers and glued down.
 
 
 
 
For the Noel, I used the cricut cartridge Teresa Collins - December 25th.  I cut the image at 2 3/4" out of red cardstock.  I then adhered it to the layers with my two-way glue.
 
 
 
 
For the holly leaves, I used the same cricut cartridge.  This time I cut the image at 2 1/2" in green cardstock.  I glitter glued the leaves with green.   
 
 
 
 
 The berries were a separate image. They were cut at the same size (2 1/2") in red cardstock. I glued them down first on the holly leaves and then used my red glitter glue.  After everything was dried, I then glued the image down on top of the ribbon with Scotch Adhesive Dry Glue.
 
 
 
 
For the inside, I cut the same size mats as the front.  Except, this time I cut a piece of white cardstock and computer generated our saying.  I cut it down to the same size at the pattern paper.  Before adhering it to the mats, I used Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" and inked all over to give it the distressed look.  I also cut another set of the holly leaves with berries.  Did the same thing as I did to the front and glued it down with my two-way glue.  I almost forgot to tell you, I also inked around the edges of the main white cardstock base.(both front and inside).
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
3 Girl Jam - Christmas Inspiration
DL Art - Anything with music
Go Fish - Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousel - Holiday Spirit
DYSU - Christmas
 Cricut Chirp - December Christmas
 
Have a fantastic Monday!!!
 
Hugs,
Shawn
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty I love how you glittered up the holly
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday anything with music challenge DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!Such a GORGEOUS card Shirl! The glittery look is fabulous! I love the NOEL! So pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at LSP!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member-LSP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning love it I need a card this size for some movie tickets so I pinned this so fab...Thank you so much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the holly sparkly! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete