Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Bell

Today I wanted to share with you a card I made using Teresa Collins Cricut Cartridge December 25.  As you can see from some of my past posts I am in love with this cartridge.  But enough said.  Lets get onto today's card.


 
Card base is kraft cardstock 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
White glimmer mat (DCWV) 5 1/4" x 4"


Now that you have seen the card.  Here a few close-ups. 
 
 
 
 
There are two parts to this bell.  Both parts were cut at 3".  The holly was cut in green.  While the bell was cut in red and then in silver.  On the silver cut I trimmed away the bell part and the bow.
 
 
 
 
I wanted the bell to look more realistic, so I glued a red shiny button on the red bell before foam taping the silver bell on top.
 
 

 
With the bow section, I simply used two way glue and sprinkled some glitter on top.  This was done before adhering the silver bell on top.


 
 
Then I wrapped red twine around the top of the bell to hid the two cuts and strung another red button through the twine. 




Then I took both red ribbon and some red and silver rope ribbon and attached it to the card to help make it look like it was hanging.
 



 
For the holly I embossed everything in green to help give it some shimmer.





 
 
Then for the berries, I used some more red buttons.  Strung some black floss through the holes and ran some red stickles on top of the buttons.  These were glued onto the section where the berries would be normally.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Ribbon Reel - Red,white,kraft, buttons, ribbon, & twine
FCCB - Bells are ringing
DL Art - Linky Party Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
The Kraft Journal - Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousal - The Holidays
DYSU - Christmas
Cricut Chirp - December Christmas
 
Thanks for stopping by...... Have a great day!
 
Hugs,
Shawn


10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your glittery bell thank you so much for sharing it with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to copy this design just got this cart today love what you did with it. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge this week Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bell! Love all the glitter~ Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the sparkly bell! Gorgeous:)
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at LSP!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous glittery bell. Love the addition of the buttons. Thanks for joining us at LSP and FCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shawn: This is such a fun glittery project. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at The Kraft Journal. I hope you will come back again next week for another fun challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen, Design Team Member
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu did a great job with the glitter- I love glitter season
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES December Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty, I like all the bling and the buttons you added! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is like a pretty decoration - all glittery and sparkly ready to brighten any room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this the most perfect Christmas card?! Love the shimmer! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete