Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thank You Very Much

Afternoon Everyone!!!  Sure hope you all are having an amazing day.  We are currently cloudy and cold.  So, it's a good day to stay inside and get some crafting done.

But before I share my card with you, I'd like to congratulate the October Award Show winners from Red Carpet Studio.  Congratulations, ladies!!!

"Child's Play" Layout Category - Nancy

"The Birds" Category - Donemark

Circles & Polka Dots Sketch Category - Bev

Fall/Halloween Category - Shawn (Oh, that me....)
 
As my gratitude for voting for me.  I  am sharing this card with you.
 
 
 
Base card (Burgundy) 4 1/4 " x 5 1/2"
Mat (Colorbok "Sunset Glow") 4" x 5 1/4"
 
 
 
 
 
Sunflower
 
Cricut Cartridge Walk in My Garden (Page 100) at 3.52" x 5.59", 3.10" x 4.92" and 2.60" x 4.13" all cut in yellow cardstock from Recollections.  I inked all petals with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" distressed ink.  Took my tweezers and twisted each petal to give more dimension.  For the inside of the flower, I used the cricut cartridge "Flower Shoppe".  On page 17, I cut approximately 25 of these flowers at 2.60" x 4.12" out of Cartulina from Recollections.  I glued each on in the center with Scotch Dry Adhesive glue.  The petals were cut out of green cardstock using the Spellbinders Foliage.  Each petal was inked and green glitter glue was adding down the middle.
 
 
 
 
 
I stamped my sentiment on the same yellow cardstock as the sunflower and inked the edges.  Attached the sentiment to some purple cardstock and then adhered it to the base of the card.  Took my green big marker, marked some decorative fillers, and glue dotted them onto the sign.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Pause Dream Enjoy - Thank You
PaperCraft Star - Thank You
DL Art - Anything Goes
 
Again, thank you all for stopping by and voting for me this week.  Have a fantastic Sunday!!!  ~ Hugs, Shawn

7 comments:

  1. Superb sunflower. Thanks for sharing how you made the center. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sunflower looks so realistic. Great use of the Cricut cartridge images. Thank you for entering the Pause Dream Enjoy Thanks challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I lovethe colors
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thank you card, Shawn, love your sunflower, the center is special! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful thank you card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Create Challenges
    <3 Pam, PDCDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having trouble lοsing weight? Hoω about takіng a look at what is
    consіԁereԁ to be a fat burnеr in
    a bottle? Сheck οur guiԁe
    on hoω to use Rapbeгry Ketοneѕ
    and get them for the best price at httρ://гasрbeгrуketοnes.
    heartԁata.net/
    Also visit my blog ... allthebestproducts.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful sunflower! Really love this paper. Great composition!! Thanks for playing along with PDEC.
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete