Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Red Cardinal

Happy Tuesday!!!   Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....  I sure did.  We spent it at home with friends and family.  Then finished the evening with our "black Friday" shopping.  This year we were only out for a couple of hours and home by 1:30 am.  I am so excited because I've once again completed all my Christmas shopping early.  Now all I have to do is wrap and send out gifts.

Since I didn't post over the weekend.  I wanted to share with you a card that I made for a friend of ours.  His wife asked if I would be kind enough to make a dozen or so Christmas cards for her employees at work.  Here is what I came up with......


 
Card base (white) 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Mat (red) 4" x 5 1/4"
Mat (green) 3 3/4" x 5"
Mat (yellow) 3 1/2" x 4 3/4", cuttlebug (Swiss dots)
 
 
 
 
December 25th Cricut Cartridge

 
Poinsettia Frame - 3" (green)
Poinsettia - 3" (red x 2)
 
The frame was only cut once.  However, I cut the poinsettia's out twice, distressed ink them with Tim Holtz "barn door" and then foam taped them together and glued them to the frame.  I added darice "yellow" rhinestones to the center of the poinsettia's.  They too were glued on.
 
 
 
 
Here is a closer look.  I almost forget to tell you that I rotated the poinsettia's before adding foam tape.  I also took my tweezers and twisted the ends of the petals.
 
 
 
 
I took my memento tuxedo black ink along with my "Merry Christmas" stamp from Hero Arts and stamped in the middle area of the frame.
 
 
 
 
December 25th Cricut Cartridge
 
 
Cardinal - 2" (red, kraft, green)
 
I cut the cardinal in each color so I could got the images that I needed.  The cardinal was inked up with Tim Holtz distressed ink "barn door".   I glued a brown pearl sticker from Recollections on for the eye.  Glued the green holly and the red berries onto the kraft image.  Finished it by using red stickles to help accent the berries.
 
 
 
Here is another closer look of the berries.
 
 
 
 
For my final touch, I glued red rhinestones to the left corner of the card.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Pause Dream Enjoy - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
DL Art - December Holidays
Crafty Creations - Christmas Is Coming
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes
FCCB - Holiday Wishes
Paper Pretties - Anything Goes
Hiding in My Craft Room - Christmas!
 
 
Thank you for stopping by.  Have a fantastic Tuesday.......
 
Hugs,
Shawn

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love everything about it. It reminds me of something I would see outside my window when I was a little girl in Colorado! Thanks for joining us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card.pretty poinsettas.
    Thanks for joining us at PDE Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one great friend, the card you created is fabulous---so full of detail. The flowers are so pretty and I like the sparkle you added! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I love cardinals and the colors are very traditional. great card.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to write my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Holiday challenge-- you can still enter this in the anything goes linky party.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love that cardinal! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime and Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card ! I love the classic Christmas colors of Red & Green, they mesh so well together. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB !!!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, great colors and the poinsettia and cardinal are beautiful. You friend is going to love these cards and so will her employees.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely Christmas Card. Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete