Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day

I know I'm a day early.  But I really wanted to share this with you all.  I'm dedicating this to everyone (man and women) that have or is still serving our country.


 

Once again this is a standard A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") made using black cardstock.  Then I cut another mat in light blue at 4" x 5 1/4". 
 
 


I chose to make my image a military female.  To start making her I cut everything from the Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge at 4" (all layers).  I inked the boots with Dew Drop Brilliance "Starlite Black", the uniform and hat was inked with Dew Drop Brilliance "Coffee Bean".  Then I outlined the uniform and hat with my brown zig pen.  I creased her one hand back to help with holding of the flag.
 
 
 
 
For her face I used Momento Tuxedo Black to stamp on her eyelashes.  They are from the stamp set by Studio 112 found at JoAnn's.  The mouth is from the same set.  However, I taped over a portion of the stamp so I could just get this image.  I used pink chalk from Studio G for the mouth and the cheeks.
 
 
 
 

 For the grass I used cardstock from DCWV "Spring".  On page 78 of the Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut Cartridge, I sized the grass at 4 1/2" and used the feature "Fit to Length" cutting off any extra.  I outlined the grass with Dew Drop Brilliance "Pearlescent Ivy".
 
 
 

For my American Flag, I used My World Cricut Cartridge.  You can find the flag on page 25 of the manual.  All layers were cut at 1 1/4".  The base of the flag was cut in black cardstock and everything was adhered to that.  For the stars, I had to think of something.  So I used my white gel pen and dotted several circles to help with the idea of stars.  I am truly pleased on how realistic this really looks.  The pole of the flag was set in the crease of her hand and later glued down.
 
 
 
 
For these clouds, I used April Showers Cricut Cartridge.  I cut three clouds at 2", 1 1/2" and 1".  I used my cuttlebug embossing folder (D'Vine Swirls) and ran them all through at once.  I took my Dew Drop Versa Magic Sea Breeze and inked around them all.  I cut off any extra of the clouds that I didn't want showing on my card.




For the sign, I used the font "United States" and typed "Happy Veteran's Day in a 10 point size.   Printed it off on white cardstock and sized it to my liking.  Then I made a red mat about 1/4" larger all away around.  I used foam tape to adhere to the card.

Before, I sign off.  I would once again like to thank all our men and women who have either served and are still serving for the "FREEDOM" of our Country.  God Bless each and every one of you!!!

Challenges:

Exploring Cricut - Saluting Our Veterans
DL Art - Linky Party "Anything Goes"
Cut It Up - Give Thanks


8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card!! Love it. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! I'm a military wife and absolutely love everything patriotic :) I love how she is holding the flag! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a fabulous card! Thanks so much for entering at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. What a great card cute eyelashes
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party and my Thankful Thursday challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome Thank You card!! I love all the details on the flag and the face of your soldier!! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The embossing on the clouds looks great! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I seldom think ahead for Veteran's Day. Maybe I will make one now to have for next year. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to make a thank you card for men and women in the military. She's absolutely adorable with those eyelashes!
    Thanks for linking to Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete