Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Wow!!!  Can you believe it, next Thursday is Thanksgiving Day?  Where has the time gone?  Well, since I'm going to be busy spending my day with family and friends.  I thought I would share some turkey with you all now.  So enjoy!!!!




I started with my base card (cream) 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I cut a dark brown mat at 4" x 5 1/4".  The orange mat was cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  The patterned paper is from DCWV "Everyday" stack and was cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  Everything was adhered to the cream base card with my ATG.




For the oblong shape, I used George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge/  The dark brown was cut at 4 1/4" x 3".  The orange poke a dots paper was cut at 4" x 2 3/4".  Again, I used my ATG to adhere everything to the base card.  Now for the turkey, I used my Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge.  You will find the turkey on page 61 of the manual.  Everything was cut at 2".  I inked the turkey, grass, and blue plate.  Then I foam taped this image onto the base card.




For the sign image.  I manually made everything around the stamped image.  I used Hero Arts Poly Clear stamp and stamped "Happy Thanksgiving" with Dew Drop Brilliance "Coffee Bean" ink.  Threaded think blue ribbon through my orange button and glue dotted it onto the sign.

Finally, for those of you that took some time out of your busy schedules and voted.  Thank you!!!  Today is the final day for voting.  If you haven't done so, please stop by Red Carpet Studio Challenge and vote for me.  All you have to do is click on the above link and scroll down half way.  On the right side of the page under Fall/Halloween card challenge is my name "Shawn".  Click vote.......  and thank you in advance.

 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
 
CCR - Thanksgiving (must be a turkey)
CardzTV - Attitude of Gratitude
DL Art - Anything Goes
More Than Favors - Thanksgiving
Bitten by the Bug 2 - Turkey
Simply Crafts - November 2012 Challenge
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Thanksgiving


Thanks for stopping by and have a great Saturday.
 
Hugs,
 
Shawn

15 comments:

  1. Shawn, your Thanksgiving card is stunning. I like the cleanliness and elegance of your design. The papers are awesome too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...I really like your Thanksgiving card. I need to pull out my Simply Charmed cart. I haven't used it in a LONG time.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I love it. Almost looks like a turkey in a snow globe (cute)
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice Thanksgiving card ... like the button! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THANKFUL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice card i like the turkey cut. thanks so much for joining us at bbtb2 AND cricutcardz :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card... so delicately balanced. thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great turkey card! Great papers! Thanks for joining us over at the CCR! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn, lovely card, thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really great card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Hope my turkey looks this good. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a fat, juicy looking turkey. :) Great card! Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! I love the papers you used, your turkey looks fabulous and I love that you put faux kale around the turkey platter. lol Perfect! You card has such clean lines and is very appealing to the eye. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, how cute. That is the best turkey yet, :-). Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! Looks yummy! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete