Saturday, November 3, 2012

Feel Better Soon

Happy Saturday All!!!  Before I start sharing my card with you all.  I would like to welcome all new followers.

Last week my Father-In-Law was admitted to the hospital.  Later that same day, they transported him into ICU.  Things had taken a turn for the worse.  But with a lot of praying and love, he has gotten better.  They removed all tubes and he is now able to communicate with us.  Thank you God!!!  So I decided to dedicate today to him.  Here is the card that I will be sending to him today.




Brown base card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Light Brown mat (4" x 5 1/4")
Patterned Paper by Deja Views - Timeless Collection (3 3/4" x 5")
Medium Brown mat (2 1/2" x 5") centered in middle of patterned paper
Brown ribbon wrapped around Medium Brown mat
Brown Pearls from Recollection
 
 
 
 
For my band-aid, I used the cricut cartridge "Everyday Pop-Up  Cards".  On page 38, you will cut the image at 2".  <Layer2/shift> was cut in brown, <Band-aid> was cut in tan, and <Bandaid-s> was cut in a light pink.  I inked the light pink image with Dew Drop Versa Magic Pixie Dust.  The tan image was inked with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye.  I doubled the foam tape on the back before adhering to the base card.  
 
 
 
 
For this tag, I used the cricut cartridge "Tags, Bags, Boxes & More".  On page 92, I cut the image <rndtps-h> at 1" in light blue.  Stamped "feel better soon!" by Fiskars "All Year Greetings" with Memento Tuxedo Black.  Then I used Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye and inked around the entire image.  I adhered one layer of foam tape to the back and stuck this under the band-aid. 
 
I sure hope he will be able to view this card in his room.  Some hospitals will not allow things in their ICU rooms.  So we are hoping that by the time it arrives, they will either have him out of ICU or he will be home resting.
 
If you are able to read this dad, "We Love You!!!"
 
Now, onto another note.  We are also praying for all those families affected by the "Sandy" storm.     
 
~ Hugs, Shawn
 
 
Challenges:
 
DL Art - Linky Party "Anything Goes"


2 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute it should cheer your FIL up, but I hope he is well soon I will keep him in prayer and all of you

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday linky party challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete