Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mr. V

OMG!!!  Can you believe it?  Only three more days until Halloween and I still don't know what I want to be.  Heck I wonder if we'll get "snow" because that sure will play a big role on what I want to be.  Any hoot!!!!

Today's card is Mr. V.  I used my gypsy, however, you don't need it.  So lets get started, shall we:


 
 
You will need the following Cricut Cartridges:
 
Life's A Party
Paper Doll Dress Up
 
On page 38 of your manual from Life's A Party, you will see the <Tombston/card>.  I cut the card base at 5" in gray cardstock and the "door" which is the main tombstone cut on the same page at 4 1/2" in orange cardstock.  This cut was cut twice so I could use it for the inside of my card, also.  For the main tombstone, I took my Martha Stewart score board and scored several lines, sanded them down and inked them with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I also used the same ink to ink around the entire card to help give it a rustic look.    
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                          
   Here are some details of my card.  I used three different size bat buttons.  These were purchased from JoAnn's in their Halloween section.  I chose two different size rhinestones.  The red rhinestones are the smaller of the two.  The purple rhinestones were a size up.  They were glued on with Quick Dry Adhesive glue.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               


Now for Mr. V.  You will locate him on Page 28 of the Life's A Party manual.  All his pieces were cut at 2 3/4".  I started with the main body and cut it out in black.  Ran him through my cuttlebug using the Divine Swirl folder.  <Vultur-s/Layer> was cut in red and ran through my cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.  <Vulture/Layer> was cut in tan and inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Then I cut the <Vultur-s> out in the same gray as the card, light blue (single circle) and the oval in gray.  I foam taped him to the main card.
   

 
 
 
 
Here is a closer look of Mr. V.  I know you can't tell in the photo, but I used a white gel pen to dot the eye and finish it up with glossy accent.  I also marked his nose with my brown zig pen.
 
 
 
 
Now, for the Trick or Treat bag.  I used the PDDU cartridge.  On page 52 you will find this image <Frnksn-s/headwear>.  I cut it at 3" in the same gray cardstock as the card.  This time I inked it with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink.  Outlined the "Trick or Treat" with my black zig pen.  Stored my bag underneath the beak of Mr. V. and attached it to the card with foam tape.


 
 
Here is where you will attach the other piece of orange tombstone.  I inked it up with more tea dye and then stamped "Happy Halloween" from Studio G.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
FCCB - Black and Orange
My Crafting Channel - Halloween
DL Art - Linky Party
Party Time Tuesdays - Trick O Treat
Crafty Creations Challenge - Halloween Spooks
More Than Favors - Halloween
Red Carpet Studio - Pumpkins & Halloween 
 
 
* REMINDER*

Don't forget to check back here on Tuesday, October 30th.  I have something to share with you all as Guest Diva at Die Cuttin' Diva.  My final craft before "Halloween".
 
But before I sign off, for those of you living on the East Coast we will be praying for a safe week for you.   Hugs ~ Shawn
 
 


5 comments:

  1. This is so cute in a swirly embossing kind of way. I love it. The distressing is great he looks like he has been around for a while
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super creative card. This would be great to enter in our Halloween/Pumpkin Challenge at Red Carpet Studio.


    Tara
    http://redcarpetstudiochallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for trick or treating with Party time Tuesdays. Your project is really nice. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever creation and I love your use of embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘HALLOWEEN’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete