Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crystal Ball Madness

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm so excited to finally share my surprise with you all.  As I have said in several of my posts, Georgiana with Die Cuttin' Divas had written to me asking if I would be interested in being a Guest Diva.  I promptly accepted her offer.  She later offered me my choice of upcoming challenges.  Since I love Halloween so much, I chose "Anything Goes".  That's right....  Today's challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas is "Anything Goes".

So here is what I came up with........ "Crystal Ball Madness"!!!  This card is not only a Halloween card, but it is also a shape/shaker card all in one.
 
 

 
 
I started my project with Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge.  On page 50 <Globe> I welded together the image at 5.5" in white cardstock.  I then cut another entire globe in black (base).  I finally only cut the <Globe/Layers> in sparkly orange.  All at same size. 


 
 
I used a sheet protector (cut twice, filled with black glitter, and glued together) to make the clear globe using the< Globe/Layers>.  For the thin orange, I continued to use the <Globe/Layers>.  I made one at 5.5" and put another inside at 5".  Then I only cut the outside liner.  This piece will be added to the base card with foam tape at the very end.
 
 
 
 
Here is a close-up of what the inside of your globe should look like after you cut your images.  I wanted to share this first, before explaining how to make it.  So let's get onto the card making shall we.....
 
 


For some of the inside images you will need Cricut Cartridge "Happy Hauntings".  On page 66, I used <Fence>.  It was measured at 3.96"/3.35".  I welded two together and flipped one so the birds were facing each other.   I cut it out in gray cardstock.  Then I cut the birds <fence/layer2> in black cardstock.  Of course you will have to flip it once and cut two images. 




On page 48, I cut the <Bat1> at .75", also in black cardstock.   No layers were used.  So, instead I used bright yellow rhinestones for his eyes and glued them on.  For the moon, I just used my Marvy Uchida circle punch and punched it out in white cardstock.  I apologize as I don't know the size.  I foam taped my bat onto the moon and just adhered the moon to the background.
 
 
 
 
 For this tree, I used October 31 Cricut Cartridge.  You can locate the image on the second row eighth over.  I cut it at 3.31" out of brown glitter cardstock.  There is no manual for this one, so the location is off the rubber mat.  The skeleton is from Jolee's Boutique (dimensional sticker).  I used green glitter from Recollection to help highlight the skeleton's eyes.  However, the pictures don't show it very well. 
 
 
 
 
Now, put everything together.....  This is what yours should look like.  I finished my with orange/white twine from Walmart.  Stamped "Happy Halloween" from Studio G in white ink.  One more important item, all my cardstock that I used was from DCWV. 
 
As you can see, I've been really excited to share this with you all.  I would love to hear your thoughts of my card.  So please feel free to leave me a comment.  And most importantly, don't forget to enter into the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Cut It Up - Halloween "EEK! BOO! AHH!"
DL Art - Linky Party
Little Scrap Pieces - Halloween
4 Crafty Chick - Happy Halloween
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
My Craft Spot - Too Cute to Spook
Pink Cricut - Link Up Tuesday
Red Carpet Studio - Pumpkins and Halloween

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks for the instructions too - I will have to give this a try sometime!! I found you on the DCD blog and am a new follower. Congrats on being a guest diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love how you make the globe into a shaker card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is amazing. A shaped AND shaker card all in one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cool!! What a fun idea! Love it!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever creation ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘HALLOWEEN’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Shawn this is such and awesome Halloween card. So creative to make a spook snow globe. Love that skeleton have been looking for one will have to run to AC Moore tomorrow to see if they have one. Thanks so much for joining the LSP challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am Loving your Halloween Shaker Card! You did an Awesome Job on it. I just became a follower of yours! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inspirational Halloween creation! Love the colors, shape and skeleton. Great details. Thank you so much for sharing your Halloween creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool. Love this idea this came out so awesome
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shaker card!! I love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love shaker cards . Super great card, thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Brianna
    Happy scrapper

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a awesome Halloween shaker card!! I love all the details!!
    Glad that you could be our guest Diva this week at DCD!!
    Gerda.
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your detail in this card. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really amazing!! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute, love the sparkle. thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Halloween shaker card! I love Halloween time too. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday.
    Shari Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did such a great job with this :) Love your snow globe with this fabulous Halloween theme. Thanks so much for playing along with our Halloween challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhh, what a wonderful (and spooky) card! Such a neat twist on a shaker card!! I love the tree!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete