Sunday, October 14, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

Hi All!!!  Well, here it is Sunday and our weather is showing partly cloudy.  I wondering if it's going to rain or snow again?  We will see.......

Yesterday must of been my worst day of the month.  I volunteer for our AWHL kids hockey team with inputting stats for the game.  Well, before the end of the game (9:36 pm), I had lost all information.  The computer decided to shut down without saving.  Now I've got to re input everything and since I don't write everything down it's been a nightmare.  So needless to say, I've been working on trying to retrieve everything so we can get the game closed out.  But before this started, I had lost my wallet.  We did find it.  It was in the back seat of our car.  Then, I killed my phone.  Nothing like going to the bathroom while working at the game and watching your cell phone fall in the toilet right before you pull up your pants.  Called Verizon this morning and was informed that a replacement would be $99.00 even though I pay $6.99 a month for extra insurance.  So reminder to self, don't put your cell phone in your back pocket of your pants and to remember that the Droid Maxx has no battery removal.............  I sure hope this up coming week will be better.  Thursday night is going to be another volunteer night.  So wish me luck!!!!    

So since I can't really do anything more.  I thought I would get today's card up and posted.  Here it is:



 

You will need the following cricut cartridges (Pack Your Bags, Stand and Salute) and your gypsy in order to make this card.  First I started with the cartridge Pack Your Bags.  On page 37 of your manual, I used <Shirt> at 5 1/4" and fixed the angle of the shirt to make it straight and cut it out in white cardstock.  Then I copied it and welded to make the card.  I copied only the shirt and cut it out in pink cardstock. Layering it on the white cardstock.  Doodled around the shirt in white gel pen and stamped hope in pink.  At the bottom of the shirt I used pink glitter to doodle and help accent the shirt.


 
 
 
Now for the ribbon.  I used the cricut cartridge Stand and Salute.  On page 31 of your manual, I cut the <Ribbon> out at 1 1/4" in white cardstock and then again at 1" in pink cardstock.  Adhered them together and put a white heart brad through the center.  I then wrapped white ribbon around and glued a pink rhinestone on top.  Finished it off with tiny pearls and foam taped it on the T-shirt.
 
 
 

As a ruffle for the shirt I used my Martha Stewart Heart punch and put liquid white pearls around the hearts to fill in the holes of the hearts.
 
Here are few challenges I've entered this card into:
 
DL Art - Linky Party
LUFP - 2nd Annual Link Up for Pink
Cut It Up - Think Pink
 
Again thank you for stopping by and listening to another sad story.  I surely hope you all have had a wonderful Sunday.  Stay safe!!!  ~ Shawn


8 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love the liquid pearls! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey
    Cut It Up Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Love the bling, punch and everything Pink about this. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Pretty embellies on your ribbon :)
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Job on your card. Love the details.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!! Love the shape card and a border punch!! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Your stitching looks great and I love the heart punch! Thanks so much for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card-- I love the border punch you used! Oh so pretty! Thanks for creating with us at Link Up For Pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shawn,

    Thank you for your participation in our 2nd Annual Link Up for Pink! Your entry #511 won a prize package from KaiserCraft.

    Thank you for helping us spread awareness and hope to see you in our monthly challenges.

    Regards,
    Yolie
    www.linkupforpink.com
    www.justyolie.com

    ReplyDelete