Saturday, October 27, 2012

BOO!!!!!

Can you believe it.....  Next week is already Halloween.  Are you ready for all those small, little and/or big trick or treaters?  Once again, depending on the weather, I'm sure my hubby will get all his toys out and displayed just in time for that first treater.  But for now, we will see.

In the meantime, I would love to share with you a few things:

First, just a reminder, please make a special note to visit my blog again this Tuesday, October 30th.  I will be sharing an awesome craft with you as the Guest Diva at Die Cuttin' Diva.  I am so excited, I just can't wait to show you all.  So stop make sure you stop by.......

Secondly, I was one of the 127 winners at LUFP.  I was selected to recieve 1 of the 4 scrapbook kits donated from Kaisercraft and each kit will also include a set of Marvy Uchida BCA Le Pens.  How exciting is this.   Thank you LUFP for putting together an amazing challenge........

Finally, today's card.  Featured by yours truly (lol)......  This "boo" card is another fantastic shape card.  So get your gyspy out and pull up PDDU cricut cartridge.  Ready!!!!  Well then, let's get started.


 
 Select <cstume> on page 49 of the manual and weld two ghosts together to form the base at 5".  Hide all outlines and the eyes before cutting the base out in black cardstock.  With another piece of black cardstock cut the ghost out again at 5" hiding everything.  Attached this to your base as it will cover the crease.  Now cut the same image at 4.60" but this time show everything and use white cardstock.  I used foam tape to attach it to the front of the base.  Finally, cut the same image again at 4.60" in white cardstock.  But this one you will need to hide all outlines and the eyes.  Now you can adhere it to the inside.  I used both white and black gel pens to doodle around the entire front of the card.
 
 
 


Then I cut a piece of white cardstock at 3/4" and stamped "Boo" from Studio G on top with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Used the same ink to outline and cover the top of the tag.  Manually cut using scissors to make the flag look at the end of the tag.  Attached it to the front of the card with Medium Zots giving it a bump out.






 




The spider is actually a button that I purchased from JoAnn's.  It came in a large assortment and included bats.  I glued it on the other side of the tag.  Glued on some small googly eyes and used my black zig pen to draw a line.  Hoping this would give the illusion that the spider was booed by the ghost.






Now this is where you will need to attached the other white ghost.  I decided to keep the inside simple.  So all I did was stamp "Happy Halloween" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  This stamp is another one of Studio G's.









Challenges I've entered into:

 
My Craft Channel - Halloween
Exploring Cricut - Happy Halloween
DL Art - Linky Party
Live Love and Scrap - Shape Card Sunday Button Up for Fall
 Party Time Tuesdays - Trick O Treat
Tuesday Throw Down - Halloween
Crafty Creations Challenge - Halloween Spooks
 
 
Now don't forget to mark your calendars and visit me again on Tuesday, October 30th.  I also will be posting tomorrow.  So stay tuned................... 
 
Have a wonderful Saturday!!!  ~ Shawn 



8 comments:

  1. SO stinking cute Shawn!!! I LOVE that spider button and love that you added little eyes...really cute!!! Thanks so much for playing along in my challenge!!! I hope you can play along again!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and thanks so much for entering at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shape card!! Love it! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love it. and I love to say BOO
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the googly eyes on the spider, so adorable! Perfect for our trick or treat challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week at PTT!

    ~Cely
    PTT DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab wee ghostie creation - love your spider button! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

    ReplyDelete