Saturday, October 20, 2012

Basket of Pumpkins

Good Morning Crafters!!!

This week has been a much better week then last week.  And boy I am thankful.  My youngest daughter started her first job at Kohl's last Monday.  She was so excited when they called her and offered her the job that she couldn't wait to start working.  Congratulations Megan!!!

Tonight is another night of volunteering and that is why I'm posting my card early.  Since the weather has been changing daily.  I chose to design a basket shape card with pumpkins.  You will need your gypsy and the following Cricut Cartridges to make this card: Doodlecharms and Holiday Cakes.

So here are the pictures:   


 
 
First off, I selected the basket <basket> from Doodlecharms on Page 116.  I sized it at 3 1/4" hid all the outlines, copied it and then welded together to make my card.  I cut it out in kraft cardstock.  Then I made another basket in the same size and cardstock.  Adhered it to the shape card.  I cut the basket layers <basket-s> in a darker brown at 3 1/4".  I adhered the layers to the basket and stitched white lines with my white gel pen.
 

 
 
Then from there I went to my holiday cakes cartridge.  I chose the pumpkin on page 65 <spook4/font>.  I cut (6) at 1.32" and (1) at 1" using DCWV paper.  I glitter glued all the stems with green glitter.  Foam tape was used for the above pumpkins only.  Then on page 53, I cut <fall3> in light green cardstock at 1.15" and .80".  I adhered each one to the pumpkins and glitter glued the leaves and dotted with my white gel pen.
 

 
 
These remaining five (5) large pumpkins were glued into the basket.  I also decided to use the leaves on page 73 <falls5-s>.  Of course I only chose to use four (4) of them.  Arranged them in with the pumpkins and glued them down.  Again I ran some green glitter glue over the top of the leaves giving them some accent.
 

 
 
For my final touches, I used four (4) green rhinestones to cover the holes.  Used my brown zig pen to stitch lines as my final accent.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Simply to Create - Pumpkins
Die Cuttin Divas - Pumpkins
TCP Tuesday #232 - Fall Shaped Card
Cardz TV- Fall or Halloween
DL Art - Pumpkin
 
 
Have a wonderful Saturday....... ~ Shawn

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty shape card!!! I Love all the detials!!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shaped card! Aren't they fun to make! Awesome touches on this card. Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design Team.

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling, the distressing and gems you added look really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love how its sparkly! :) Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too! Stop back again!

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable I just love all the fall colors you used. That is my fav basket from all the cartridges to
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! I love how you blinged up your pumpkin basket. Thanks for playing with us at Cardz TV :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for joining us at DCD challenge.

    ReplyDelete