Saturday, September 22, 2012

Twisted Greeting Birthday Card

Today I would like to share with you another birthday card.  However, this one has a twist.  It's all in the fold.  You won't believe how fun and easy it is!  At the end of this post I will link a video which explains everything in detail.  But first, let's take a look of what I came up with......



 
View of the front of the card


 
Close up of the pearls I added from Recollection
 

 
Studio G stamp "Happy Birthday" using green chalk from Dew Drop
 
 

 
View of the inside of the card.  Yes, that is real money!!!
 
 


 
Finish touch.  Added a felt butterfly.
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
Twisted Tuesday - Something that flies
Love to Create - Things with wings
DL Art - 1000 Linky Post
 
 
As promised here is the link to a video which explains everything in detail.....
 
 
 
1.  Card stock 4 1/4" x 11"
2.  Score corner to corner at an angle
3.  Fold on score and leave folded
4.  Score symmetrically (right down the center)
5.  Fold closed
6.  Decorate and embellish
 
 
Yep!  That's it!  The card creates two pockets.  One on the front and one inside.  My front pocket I chose to seal it.  But you can do whatever you would like.  Give it a try...........
 
If I can be of further help, email me.  Otherwise, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!  ~ Shawn 


 

4 comments:

  1. This is so BEAUTIFIL!!!I just love the color and the bling and yes who ever gets it will be real happy!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge, Things with Wings!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat idea! Love the two pockets! Thanks for playing this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever card!! Love this!! Thank you for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete