Friday, September 7, 2012

To Protect and Serve

Wow!!!  Can you believe it.  It's only Friday and here I am posting.  Did I fall off my rocker?  No... I've just come across some challenges that will be ending this weekend and I wanted to get them posted before I leave for my daughter's baby shower.

Today's card is dedicated to all our Law Enforcement.  I have to say this is a very difficult job.  My dad was a Los Angeles Police Officer.  I've not only seen, but I have also been with him driving through projects (high crime housing) when gun shots were fired.  The both of us never thought about anything else but getting ourselves out of there.  Trust me, my dad never meant to put me in that situation.  I love you dad!!!  You will always be remembered............

Then, I got married.  Who did I marry, you ask?  A Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff.  He too worked in a very high crime rate city (Palmdale,  California).  After several years with the department, he was medically retired due to a motorcycle accident while on duty.  I love you too, honey!!!

 
Recipe:
 
Brown cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Patterned Paper ( 3 3/4" x 5")
Goldenrod cardstock ( 3 1/2" x 4 3/4")
Everyday Paper Dolls (Police page 59 @ 5")
Rhinestones


Challenges I've entered this card into:

FCCB - On the Job
Twisted Tuesday - Labor of Love
DL Art - 1000 Post Linky Party

Thanks for stopping by.  I do have a post tomorrow even though I won't be around.  So, please check back......  ~ Shawn

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so adorable Shawn, I love your tribute to your father and the honoring of your hubby, for his hard work I hope he is doing ok now. It is definitely a tough job. We certainly need the police for protection of life.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and lovely tribute to your favourite police men, thanks for sharing with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tribute! Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card!

    Thank you for joining the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! Thanks for participating at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, well worth all of the work to make it! Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete