Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pink Elephant

Hi Everyone!!!  Today is my daughter's baby shower, so this post will be very short. 

I made another baby card, however, this time it is a shaped card.  An elephant to be exact.  Take a look................



As you can see, there really is much explaining to do with this one.  However, I did use my gypsy and the cricut cartridge "Holiday Cakes".  You can find this cute little thing on page 38 of the manual.  I took image <Love2-s> and hid all parts.  I then copied, flipped and welded my elephant so she faces you from the right.  Her height is 4 1/4"  and was cut on white cardstock.  I then cut another elephant in pink polka dot paper from Recollection (6x6 - The Bright and Basic Pad).  Finally, I just cut out the ear in pink cardstock and attached it with foam tape.  Glued a googly eye and tied a white ribbon bow around her tail. 


For the name "AVA".  I cut the letters at 1" in white cardstock using the Cricut cartridge "Something to Celebrate".  The "a" is located on page 42 and the "v" is located on page 55.  After cutting them, I sponged stamp pink ink from Studio G around the letters.  Attached them to the card with foam tape.  Then finalized them with pink liquid pearls.

OK, so off we go to my daughter's baby shower.  I sure hope she likes this card.  I can guarantee that no one else will arrive with the same card (lol).  Have a wonderful Saturday...... ~ Shawn


Challenges I'm entered into are:

BBTB2 - Shape Card
Scrappy Moms - Shape Up
The Kraft Journal - Shape It Up
DL Art - 1000 Post Linky Party

13 comments:

  1. Precious! How fun, a new baby on the way. The name on the front is the crowning touch. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious..... Congrats on the new baby..... thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 shape it up challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, how precious is this elephant card?! I love the color you chose for this sweet elephant and I love the bow on her tail. Congrats on your new grandbaby that is coming!! Nothing better than being grandma! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling elephant, a great shaped card ! Being a grandma is seriously THE BEST. Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute what a great elephant image.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday 1,000 Posts Linky party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute elephant shaped card! Love the pretty paper!
    Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
    Glena

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute as ever! thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a dainty, feminine elephant. Perfect baby girl card. Congratulations on you new grandbaby-to-be. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card. Too sweet! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shape card and love that you added the name. Personalizing cards is the best. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card and LOVE the name on the card it's just lovely!! TFS and have a fantastic week!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete