Monday, September 3, 2012

It's Time!!!!

Happy Labor Day Everyone!!!  Hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend.  In light of "Labor Day", I'm dedicating my card to all the new mom's today.  Here's a peek:

 
 
Pink base card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Yellow mat (3 3/4" x 5"); corner punched two corners and ran it through my cuttlebug with the folder divine swirls
 
 
 

I used the New Arrival cricut cartridge on this card. The mommy was cut at 4 1/2 inches. I cut four layers: 1 tan, 1 brown, 1 white and 1 patterned paper. The tan was used for the main figure. The brown was used for the hair.  The white was used for the purse and pants. I used the glitter stack for the patterned paper.
 
 
 

I wrapped white ribbon around the hat to give it a band look.  For the face, I took out my zig pens (blue and red) and lightly gave her a face.  Then I finished it up by swirling some pink chalk to give her face some color.
 
 
 

For her purse, I glue the white on the pattern paper and added a purple rhinestone.  Sorry for this picture not being clear.
 
 

Wrapped a wider green ribbon around the card and finished with a knot.  I added a pink button and weaved white DMC floss through the holes and completed it with a bow.  Glued the button down on top of the ribbon knot.
 
 
 
 
Now for my sentiment.  It is computer generated.  I used the says "It's time" because I don't ever recall saying "I'm in Labor".  So I printed it on some light blue cardstock and cut it with Spellbinders templates "Creative Page Tabs".  Distressed it with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" and added baby blue liquid pearls.  Then I finished it off with more rhinestones in the corners of the main card.
 
As always, thank you all for stopping by and leaving me comments.  I don't always respond to every one of them.  But, I do want you all to know that I really do appreciate them.  Have a wonderful rest of the holiday day.  ~ Shawn
 
 
Challenge:
 
DL Art - 1000 Post Linky Party


4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, I love the embossing and the colors are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable card and love the paper choice for her dress very pretty:) I'm now a new bloggie friend and found you from Diana's blog!! I'm off to see your other creations!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Card Shawn!!!! Love the pregnant lady and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete