Saturday, September 1, 2012

Eek!!!!!!!

I know, I'm early with this one.  However, with all these fires we've been having and the smoke that just never seems to leave.  We've been having a few more visitors then usual.  So in honor of them, I've decided to dedicate this card to them. 

I chose to use the following sketch from Freshly Made to help with this creation.


 
 
So, let's take a look.......................
 
 


The card base is black cardstock scored in half to make a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The pattern papers are from We R Memory Keepers "Halloween" scrapbook pad.  The lined pattern was cut at 1 3/4" x 4 1/4".  The green pattern was cut at 2" x 4 1/2".  The purple cardstock is from The Paper Company and was cut at 2 1/2" x 4".  I ran the purple through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder.  The picture below shows you a better look of the image.


 
 
Now, for the cricut cartridge.  I used October 31st to cut both images out.  The spider web was cut in black at 2 1/2".  The spider was also cut in black at 2".  I attached a small piece of orange cardstock to cover the section of the spider.  Then I used my orange stickles to add some glitter.  Again the picture below shows you a better look.
 


 
 
I glued very small rhinestones to the spider to make the eyes.  Glued a small length of DMC black floss to the back of the spider and foam taped him to the purple cardstock.  Add a couple more orange rhinestones to the corners and bam......  I was finished.
 
As always thank you so much for stopping by.  I would like to wish you a very safe and fun "Labor Weekend".  ~ Shawn

Challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches - Sketch #50
Crazy 4 Challenges - Green, Orange, Purple
DL Art - Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. Eek is right! I hate spiders, but love your card. Wonderful colors, texture and details. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawn! Great card! I love that spider! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done great colors and super embossing.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 posts Linky party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is one great spooky card. The spider almost gives me the chills :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, cool card! The glitter on the spider and the detail in the web is awesome. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch.....but that spider is a little too life like for me! I am sure my son would love it though! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete