Saturday, September 29, 2012

Autumn

Good Morning All!!!

First off, I would like to acknowledge all my new followers. Welcome and thanks for joining.......

Now for today's creation.  I chose to make an "Autumn" card.  This one was pretty simple I must say.  Here is just a few of the items that you will need: some cardstock, cuttlebug, Darice "tree" embossing folder, gold ribbon, and glitter glue.  So let's take a look shall we...............


 
 
Because the tree is larger than a standard A2 card.  I needed the size of my base card to be 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" in order for the tree to fit with a border. 


 
 
The sentiment comes from TPC Studio "Autumn Harvest" clear stamps.  I stamped it on some light yellow cardstock with Memento tuxedo black ink.  Then I used my EK Large Label Photo to punch the sentiment out.
 

 
 
The tree was embossed using the Darice folder and cuttlebug.  I used a rusty color cardstock and sized it down after embossing.  The finished mat measures at 4" x 5 1/4".
 

 
 
After the embossing I outlined the tree with glossy accents.  When that was finished drying, I collect several different glitter colors for the leaves.  Alternating the colors (gold, burgundy, brown, and green), I only used a small amount on each leaf only to help with the accent.
 
 
 
 
I think the ribbon is from Michael's "Celebrate It Holiday Noel Navidad" design.  It surely seems to help with the accenting of my card.  I simply love the way it looks.  Don't you?
 
 
Below are a few challenges I've entered into:

My Craft Spot - Falling Leaves
Sentimental Sundays - Autumn
Paper Pretties - Fall Inspired
DL Art - 1000 Linky Party
Split Coast Stampers - Free 4 All Fall Leaves #F4A136
Crafty Creations Challenge - Autumn Leaves
Frosted Designs - Embossing
Simply Create Too - Autumn/Fall
Milk Coffee Challenge - Welcome Fall
{PIN}spirational Challenge - Autumn Tree ( see photo below)





Thank you all for sharing your Saturday with me.  I truly appreciate it. 

Have a great day!!!
~ Shawn

13 comments:

  1. What a creative and fun card! SOOO cute! SOOOO glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!love the glitter leaves.Great embossing.Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee stamps Welcome Fall challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love how you did the leaves. Fantastic job. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the shine and this beautiful card! Gorgeous tree and sentiment! So pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty tree card and withy favorite saying! Than you so much for joining us at {Pin}spirational challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. iPod, so hard to type on this phone, that should have said "with my" favorite saying

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Love the leaves on that gorgeous tree! What a striking card!!!

    Thank you for participating in this week's {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a card showing a lot of effort :-) Great job.
    Thanks for playing along at {PIN}spirational challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! That tree is amazing with the glittery leaves and I love the trim. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your card is gorgeous! Perfect for fall! Thank you for taking on our embossing challenge at Frosted Designs this week!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the embossed tree! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sahawn: You made such a beautiful project--I love it. We're thrilled you entered it in Simply Create Too's Challenge #23 - Autumn/Fall.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool card!!!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete