Saturday, August 11, 2012

You Brighten My Day......

Welcome to another Fabulous Saturday!!!!!  Let's just get to it....

Here is today's card:



The base card is measured at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  I ran it through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder.  For the frame, I used my gypsy along with Elegant Edges.  The image I used is located on page 48 of the manual.  I took the <Scallops> and stretched it out to measure 5 1/4 x 3 1/2.


Then I used the Sentimentals cartridge.  You can locate the lamp on page 40 of this manual.  I cut the image and lamp shade at 2 1/2".  I also ran the lamp shade through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder.


I attached the pieces together of the lamp with my ATG gun.  Then I went ahead and wrapped a very thin white ribbon around the shade and tied a knot.



For the lamp post, I wanted to add some character to it.  So I found this really small stamp from Hero Arts Clear Stamps "Everyday Sayings".  Got out my white ink pad and stamped it right on top.  I adhered the lamp to the frame with foam tape.



This saying was not a stamp, instead it was computer generated.  The font I used was CK Cute at 28".  I added some dots along the side of the "B" with my black zig pen.  This took some time because I needed to figure out where I wanted the saying to be placed before cutting the frame.  So this part might take you some time.....





For this, I used three different sized clear rhinestones.  Got out my Bic Mark It Permanent markers and colored each one with the black.  The red circle is just some cardstock.  I used my Studio G circle punch and punched it out.  I think I got it from Walmart, if not, Michael's.  Then everything was glued down to the frame.



For my final touch, I wrapped some black ribbon around and through the scallops and tied another knot.  Then I put foam tape behind the frame and adhered to the main card.

Here are a few challenges that I plan on entering this card into:

Dream Valley Challenges - Die Cuts and Punches
Love to Create - Punches & Dies
Paper Pretties - Use Scallops
Whoopsi Daisy - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Catered Crop - Use the color "White" somewhere in your project
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
DL Art - Happy Birthday

As always, thank you for stopping by and sharing your Saturday with me.  Have a fabulous day!!!

Shawn

10 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, so elegant.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Craft Your Passion this week.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Craft Your Passion
    August Guest Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, thanks for joining in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you entered this beautiful creation into our Die Cuts and/or Punches challenge over at Whoopsi Daisy this week! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great detail on this card. The embossing and embellies are awesome details. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope you come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've added some lovely details and the red accents give it a real lift.Elegant card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat card!!!! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card I love this clean and simple look.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Happy Birthday Linky Party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! this is such a pretty card:) I'm now a new bloggie friend and found you from Diana's blog!! I'm off to see your other creations!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete