Saturday, August 4, 2012

Perk Up!!!!

Hi Scrappers!!!  It has been a fantastic week.  First off, I would like to thank Diana with DL Art for sending out my prize that I won.  I entered into a challenge of hers called "2 colors, ribbon and embossing" and won.  Here is a picture of my prize:



I can't wait to dig into it and make a card.  Thank you, Diana!!!  Just a piece of advice scrappers, entering into challenges does pay off.

Now onto today's card.  Since school will be starting up here pretty soon.  And kids will be bringing home colds.  I decided to focus my card on "colds".  So let's get started:




I realize that not everyone drinks coffee.  Some drink tea or even hot apple cider.  So that is why I chose the saying "Perk Up!!!".  I used my gypsy and the cricut cartridge "Love You A Latte".  Measurement for my base card was cut at 8" with welding, hide contouring the steam, and flipping image.  The layers were cut at 8.04".  I ran the two layers through my cuttlebug with the divine swirls folder.  My pattern paper was cut at 1 5/8" and trimmed to measure the width of card.  I then stitched around the pattern paper with my hot pink zig pen.




From there, I used some ribbon that I purchased at the Dollar Store.  It's a little shear, but the color matched perfectly with my pattern paper.  I first wrapped the ribbon all the way around and attached it to the front of the card.  Then I cut another piece of ribbon at 5 1/4".  Located the center of this piece and attached with Zots.  This was the start of my bow.  Then, I cut another piece of ribbon at 1 1/2" and wrapped it around the center of the other piece.  Then I glued a pink heart rhinestone in the middle.  After drying, I attached everything to the main ribbon again with Zots.





"Perk Up" was computer generated by using a font called Lobster Two and sizing up to 26.  I printed it off on white cardstock.  Then I took my EK Tools Large Punch "Photo Labels" and punched it out.  Finished it off by stitching around with my hot pink zig pen.  Attached foam tape to the back and tucked it under the main ribbon.






I finalized the lid by wrapped We R Memory Keepers "Pink" floss around and foam taped it to the main card.  I found a pink button and threaded white floss through it and made another bow.  Glued a smaller light pink rhinestone to it. 

Sure hope you like it.  When the time comes, either a family member or friend will be in need of a "Perk Up".

Challenges I've entered this card into:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Let's not be square
Twisted Tuesday Challenge - Fifth Tuesday Free For All
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Scrap Creations - Anything Goes
Krafty Girls - Get In Shape

Say tuned tomorrow as I have other exciting news to share with you........Until tomorrow, have a great day!!!  Shawn

8 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Shawn Thanks for the shout out.
    Love your perk up cup. Super colors and the embossing is beautiful.
    I am looking forward to see what you create with the card kit.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the embossing and all the stitching! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!!! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost taste the coffee! Fab card - and certainly not square!

    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes.. good luck and hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is just gorgeous,beautiful detail bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and you're right, someone will definitely be needing that card with school starting back up :) Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I love it! Thanks for playing with us over at Krafty Girls!

    ReplyDelete