Sunday, August 19, 2012

Nature (Flowers)

Good Morning All!!!!

Today, I wanted to share with you a quick card.  There is no cricut involved in making this one.  All you will need is some stamps, ribbon, and a paper cutter.  So let's take a look.....




The base of my card is white.  The yellow cardstock was cut at (4" x 5 1/4").  Then I cut two more white cardstocks at (3 1/2" x 4 3/4"; 3 1/4" x 4 1/2").  Attached everything to the main card except the smaller white cardstock.  This piece, you will need to attached everything else to before it's attached to the main card.




Cut four pieces of patterned cardstock at 3 1/4"  x 1".  Foam tape just one side of the 1".  Attaching each pattern piece together.  Wrap white ribbon around.  Then I used my fiskars scallop punch and cut it in yellow.  Just make sure that the length is 3 1/4" and attached it to the patterned paper.  This gives you your window shade.  I made bows out of the same ribbon and glued them down on the ribbon.  I cut two pieces of patterned paper "clouds" at 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" each.  These were attached to the small white cardstock with my ATG, giving a small gap in the middle.  Now you can attach the window shade to the the remaining white cardstock.


  

All these flowers were punched out using the Studio G punch.  I chose several random colors and glued tiny white pearls on each flower.  Glued them around the white cardstock the help hide it.  Now, I was able to attached this to the white cardstock 3 1/2" x 4 3/4". Which was then attached to the main card.



This little butterfly was punched out in a deep purple with Studio G punch.  I glued pearls on the body and foam taped it to the window adding black dots with my zig black pen.  I sure hope my directions have made since.  If you have any questions regarding the making of this card.  Please feel free to email me at shawn.box@bridgeband.com.  Otherwise, I would love to see your designs. 

In the meantime, have a wonderful Sunday!!! ~ Shawn

Challenges I've entered into:

DL Art - Happy Birthday
3 Girl JAM - Butterflies and Bows
Double Click (AKA A Busy Bee) - Butterflies and Bows

11 comments:

  1. I just love how you made the window look. The pleats in the shades are perfect!

    Would you please send me an email. I would like to know if you want to be a guest designer at Die Cuttin' Diva.

    Thanks,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute I love this idea, very pretty the colors are great.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Happy Birthday Linky Party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! This is just so super duper!! Such a great design! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl Jam!
    DT Member Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super cute! I love the window shade!!
    Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME - love those window shades! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love the shades! very creative!
    Thanks for joining us at 3GJ!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a terrific and unique card. Love the "window" look and the Roman Shade is phenomenal!
    Thanks for participating in the 3 Girl JAM Challenge with us!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    3GJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW love the shades and the cute little butterfly is so sweet! Thanks for playing along at 3GJ!!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria
    3 Girl JAM DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card!! Love the colors and love the overall design!!
    Thanks for joining in our butterfly and bows challenge over at 3 Girl Jam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is amazing! I love the colors and those pleats are gorgeous!!!! Thank you for the tutorial... I am your newest follower, found you at 3 Girl Jam Challenge, I hope to see you at my blog!!! Lets be bloggy buddies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete