Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's A Girl!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!

I apologize for not posting this earlier.  Last week we found out the sex of our Grand baby.  Yes, it's going to be a girl.  We are so very excited!  We are also glad to hear that Mom and Baby are doing well and getting bigger.  Now for the next two steps:  Baby shower and Birth.  

So, Grandpa and I have been busy picking up family gifts from everyone for baby shower.  Since, Montana is a no sales tax state it makes it less expensive for everyone and saves on shipping.  Great deal for everyone.  Baby shower is scheduled for September 8th, so I know we will stay busy up until then.

Today's card was a simple card.  The only cricut cartridge that you will need will be Doodlecharms.  So, let's get started.




I made a standard A2 card in white cardstock.  The patterned paper was from DCVW "Nana's Nursery.  I cut it at 2 1/4" x 5 1/4".  Then I punched each side with the following Martha Stewart edge punch.
From there, I adhered to pattern paper to the base card and glued Recollection Pearls over the holes and wrapped pink ribbon around.


 
 
For the little girl face.  I cut her out at 2 1/4" using the Cricut Cartridge "Doodlecharms" on page 102.  In my stash of things, I found extra small baby blue rhinestones and glued them for the eyes.  I inked the cheeks and lip with pink chalk and took Tim Holts Distress Ink "Tea Dye" and lightly edged around the face.  Added smaller pearl beads for earrings.  Adhered the face to the main card with foam tape.  Glued the hair down and foam taped the bow to the head.  Stitched around the bow with my pink zig pen and completed it with a pink rhinestone.
 
 
 
 
Finished up the card with stamping "A Bundle of Blessing" in the lower left corner with Studio G "pink" ink and stitching around entire card again with my pink zig pen.
 
 
Sorry, this post is getting shorter and shorter.  We are currently receiving major rain and thunder.  So I want to get this posted before we lose any power like we did last night.  It took several hours before it came back on and by then we were in bed.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Until next weekend......  All of you on the Gulf Coast side of the states....  Be Safe!!!  We will be praying for you all during the "Isaac Hurricane". 
 
Hugs,
 
Shawn
 
 
Challenges I've entered into:
 
DL Art - Happy Birthday 
Little Scrap Pieces - Make it Sparkle

 


3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, great colors. I love all the bling.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART HAPPY BIRTHDAY Linky Party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most adorable little baby face,Shawn and I'm back to Thank you for joining us at Little scrap pieces. I am fortunate to be Karen's guest designer. It is so nice to see you over here
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so super cute. The little face is so sweet love how you did her eyes and gave her earrings. Wonderful how you used the pearls on the boarder punch puts it over the top! Thanks for joining the LSP challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete