Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back 2 School

Good Morning!!!  I'm so excited to share with you so more great news.  But first, I would like to give a morning shout out to Diana with DL Art.  Tomorrow is her birthday.....  Happy Birthday to You!!!  Yesterday I told you that I had won one of her challenges and showed you what I won.  Well, today I would like to share what I made with my winning.



I used the pattern paper, the ladybug with sentiment, and the paper outlining her from Imaginisce "All Occasion" Build A Card.  I took white cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug with a paper embossing folder.  Used my EK to stamp paper holes and inked Studio G "Yellow" all around. 




I tied some red ribbon around the card and made a bow.  The gold star I glued directly onto the white cardstock.

 

For the lettering, I used ProvoCraft repositionable Alphabitties in black.  They were just to cute to pass up.  Now, I can't wait to give it away to a lucky kid in the neighborhood.  Especially, knowing that it is their first day of school.

I've entered this into the following challenges:

DL Art - Happy Birthday "Anything Goes"
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - Create a card/project for a teacher

Now for my final news!!!  Just over a week ago, I received an email from Diane - Owner of Exploring Cricut Blog.  She thanked me for entering into their "Christmas in July" challenge and wanted to know if I would be interested in being their Guest Designer on August 6.  Oh my gosh!!! Was I excited to read this email.  There was no special project required and sky was the limit.  However, they did ask that it contain at least one cricut cut.  I immediately responded and accepted her offer.  So tomorrow, August 6, 2012, I will be Guest Designer for Exploring Cricut Blog.  Come by and see what I made..................

In the meantime, have a wonderful Sunday.  I'll see you tomorrow..... Shawn

5 comments:

  1. Your card is too cute. Some lucky kid in the neighborhood is going to love it. I love how you punched the edge of the paper and the embossing is super. Your star and the itty bitty alphas are really nice
    Congrats on your GD spot @ exploring Cricut- I will be sure to stop by. Ps thanks for the shout outand---
    Thanks for joining my DL.ART Birthday linky party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Come back and Play with us again really soon!!

    Mian
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn, this is a super cute creation for a teacher! Love it! Thank you so much for playing the C4C with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from DLART Linky party. Especially like the gold star.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete