Saturday, July 28, 2012

Thank you for being my friend.......

Today's card is dedicated to all my friends'.  It's always nice to receive a card from a friend.  However, this time I wanted to send a card.  This one is for you!!!


 

So go get your cricut cartridge "Pagoda" and lets get started.  Base card is black (4 1/4 x 5 1/2).  Two mats are needed:  green (4 x 5 1/4) and white (4 x 5). 




On page 36, I cut the panda at 2 1/2".  Glued the pieces together and added a heart rhinestone.  When assembling to main card, I used foam tape.




On page 48, I cut the bamboo at 5".  Used two different color greens and glued together.  Then glued the bamboo to the white mat.  Wrapped twine around and adhered everything to the main card. 




Finally, I found a stamp of mine that stated "Thank you for being my friend".  I stamped it in the corner with black ink.  Sorry for the blurriness. 

Challenges I've entered into:

CardzTV - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenge - Anything Goes
DYSU Challenge - For A Friend
Little Scrap Pieces - Use An Animal
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Animal Crackers!

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Our temperatures have finally dropped and should stay put in the 80's.  Yeah......  Enjoy your day!!!  Shawn

11 comments:

  1. Love this card. I have that Pagoda cartridge and I never use it. This card inspires me to dig it out. Thanks for playing at Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, that jewel was the perfect touch! Thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute-- your friend is going to love it! Thanks for creating with us at Cardz TV!

    Sarah :)
    Cardz TV DT
    http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn thank you so much for joining the Cardz TV challenge and the LSP challenge this week. Your panda bear is so super cute. Love the bamboo! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card!!! Love that darling Panda bear! Thank you so very much for joining our Cardz TV challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card. I love the panda!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CardzTV!

    Hugs,
    Jo-CTVS-DT
    www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creation! Thanks for playing over at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us in this challenge!
    Jennifer CTVS DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great card. Thank you for joining us at CardzTV Stamps Challenge!!

    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this card~My oldest daughter is crazy about Panda's and it reminded me of her.
    Thank You for joining us over at Cardz TV
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete