Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ring, Ring..... Hello!!!

Hi Scrappers!!!  What a fantastic weekend.  I just cant believe it's already over. 

Today's card goes out to my "Godmother".  I've been meaning to call her.  But by the time I think about it the day is over.  So, I decided to old school it and write her a quick note.  This one is for you... 




For this card, I used the cricut cartridge "From My Kitchen".  I first cut my black cardstock at 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored it in half.  The pattern paper is from DCWV "Summer Dream" stack.  It was cut at 4 x 5 1/4.  I stitched around the paper with my black zig pen. 





For this phone you can find it located on page 28 of the manual.  I cut it and the layers at 3".  Stitched around the phone with my white and black pens. 





After viewing other scrappers cards (thank you all), I chose not to use ribbon.  Instead, I used two white star buttons, some DMC black floss and then glued them onto the card.

 



My finished touch was stamping "Hello" from clear stamps "Hero Arts".  I used black ink.  Then I wrote my letter and sent it of to her.  I know she's going to love it, since is the individual that got me started with the cricut.

I've entered this card into the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion Challenge - Black & White, plus one
The Ribbon Reel - Buttons
Celebrate the Occasion - Star Struck


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  But, be sure to stop by next week.  I have some exciting news to share with you all.  Shawn :)

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I like your choice with the star buttons. TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cuts card - love the star buttons! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! Those star buttons are soooo cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, love your fun die-cuts on your wonderful background paper! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Star Struck" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love the 'bling' on the dial! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab fun card!
    Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Shawn. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete