Monday, July 23, 2012

Here Comes Santa Claus......

Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus lane...  Wow!!!  Christmas in July.  Who would have thought with these temperatures of 90+ degrees.

I apologize for not posting this yesterday, Sunday, July 22.  I spent the entire day with my youngest daughter shopping.  How fun was that?  Right!!!  She has been traveling back and forth over the weekends from here to Great Falls.  Most of the time, she will spend her weekends catching up with all her friends.  So when she said, "she was planning on spending the entire day with her mom".  I dropped everything to spend it with her.  Love you, baby!!!

So today's post is short and sweet.  I made another shape card.  This one is of Santa Claus.  I hope you enjoy it.....




I used my gypsy with the cricut cartridge "Doodlecharms".  You will find him on page 127 of the manual.  I started off with the shadow feature and welded two at 4.25 x 4.05 in white cardstock.  I cut another one in black cardstock and attached it to the front of my card.  I then cut <santa> out at 4" in skin color cardstock.  And <santa-s> was cut in both red and white at 4".  Everything was adhered to the santa with a ATG except for the mustache.  I used foam tape to add dimension. 




For santa's hat, I used some Tulip "Puffy" white and my heat gun.  After puffing up, I added some glitter glue.  Sorry this doesn't show up well, but trust me it looks better in person.





For his eyes, I used black brads.  I also used the bottom of a #2 pencil and dabbed the eraser in pink chalk by Studio G for his cheeks.  After everything was done.  I used more foam tape to attached to the base card and outlined the black with my white gel pen.

Here are the challenges I am entering santa into:

BBTB2 - Christmas in July
Just A Scrappin' - pink, black, white and one other color of your choice
My Craft Spot - Christmas in July
Little Scrap Pieces - Christmas in July

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful week....  Shawn

23 comments:

  1. Great shaped card! I love the texture you put on Santa's hat! I am hoping with all this Christmas in July that the temps will give us a break. lol Or at least thinking of Christmas might cool us down. How sweet that your daughter wanted to spend the day with you! I would drop everything for that too! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Santa card!!! Love everything about this cute Santa shaped card! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, What a sweet little face..Love the detail u added on Mr. Clauses hat..Cute...Thanks for joining us at BBTB2...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a shaped card. Great idea putting the puff on the hat. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling! Love the texture on the hat. Thanks for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card....love that hat. Thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the puff paint on the hat. So cute. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Just A Scrappin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute cute, love the fur on his cap, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOO I love that you did a Santa, Jesus first and Santa Second, they are the Heros of Christmas...Thanks for sharing...

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute shaped card.Great fur!Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shawn this is one of my favorite Santa cuts. Great shaped card the puffy white great accent. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute shaped card! Love the puffy accent on the hat! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. We all need a Santa at Christmas. He is so cute and love the puffy accents. Also love the brad eyes for depth. Great card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for the Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card! It is so fun and shaped cards are wonderful. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute cute i love that santa and love how you made him into a shaped card :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it. The addition of the puffy paint for added texture is a perfect touch for this card.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Just a Scrappin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your jolly old man. He is hohoho. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Just a Scrappin'

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shawn, I really like your Santa shape card! Thank you for using an oldie, but goodie, Doodlecharms cart. Sometimes we forget the great shapes on that cart. Thank you for joining in on the fun at Just A Scrappin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love shaped cards-this is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! I love those eyes - and your "stitching" looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love shaped card and your santa is so cute, great texture and doodling! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute Santa! I love puffy paint for snow effects! Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)

    ReplyDelete