Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

I know I'm early.  But since this holiday is in the middle of the week, I thought I would share with you my Fourth of July card now instead of on the 4th.  Sure hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.



I wanted to make this A2 card open in a different manner.  So, I cut my white cardstock length wise using a 8 1/2 x 11 piece and scored it in half.  Boy I sure hope this made since.  Cause I'm already lost..... Forget it!!!  I'll start over.

Make your main card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2).  Cut your pattern paper at (4 x 5 1/4).  Cut white cardstock at (2 1/2 x 4 1/4).  Adhere your pattern paper to your main card.  With the white cardstock wrap blue ribbon around it before adhering it to the pattern paper.  Then cut the following sized mats:  (3 x 4) red; (2 3/4 x 3 3/4) white; and (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) blue.  With your blue mat I cuttlebug it using my swiss dots folder and then adhered all three together and foam taped it to the main card.  Now get your cricut ready.  You will need to following cartridges for the rest:  Stand & Salute, Graphically Speaking  and A Child's Year.




For these fireworks I used the "Stand & Salute" cartridge.  I cut them at 2" using DCWV glitter cardstock.  Again I put foam tape on the back of each one and adhered them to the card.


    

For the star, I used the cartridge "A Child's Year.  But for these, I got my gypsy out and cut them at 2.75 (h) and 3 (w) in white cardstock.  For the blue star I reduced the size alittle and cut.  I then took it and cuttlebugged it with swiss dots folder before adhering it to the white star.  For the "4", I used the cartridge "Graphically Speaking".  I cut the "4" at 2" in red cardstock and ahdered it to the stars.  For the "th", I went to my computer.  I used the font "Freestyle Script" at 72" in blue.  Then I used my circle punch and cut it out.  Attached foam tape to the circle and attached everything to the card.

Again I want to thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments.  With all the fires around us and the hot/dry temperatures, please be safe.  Enjoy the fireworks, but also remember safety.  A garden hose or puckets of water near by for that "just in case" moment.  I've seen what fireworks can do to a house and I fear it every year.  So I can't stress it enough.  Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!!!

Challenges:

Inking Aloud - Blogger Challenge
More Than Favors - Fourth of July
My Sheri Crafts - Red, White & Blue
Bitten by the Bug 2 - Patriotic
Little Scrap Pieces - Use a Star
Fantabulous - Kaboom!  Firework Celebration
Paper Playtime - Red, White & Blue
Sentimental Sundays - Be Patriotic
Exploring Cricut - Red, White & Blue
My Craft Spot - 4th of July

28 comments:

  1. How fabulous! Looks like a CELEBRATION for sure! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, love the fireworks, thanks for joining the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous fun card thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so fun and festive! Love those fireworks and your embossing. Thanks for joining us in the weekly BBTB2 challenge,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun and festive card. I like the way you did the 4th. Love the fireworks. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and perfect for the holiday! I love the glittery fireworks, the stars are perfect to hold the "4", and the "th" is perfect on the white circle. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can almost here those firecrackers popping. Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a nice job on your card! I really like that you took the time to interlock the fireworks, just like the real thing! I like the embossing, too! Thanks for joining ust at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the fireworks. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a festive 4th of July card! Love the look of it! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the fireworks and embossing! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2 and My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gettin' in the spririt of the holiday card! I love the layering and of course putting to use DCWV Glitter Stacker! I love that stack! Have a safe and "buckets of water free" holiday AND thank you for joining FCCB's #118 challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job Shawn and thanks so much for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, patriotic, and festive! Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shawn can hear the bombs bursting in air just looking at your card. Love the glitter paper on the fireworks and the embossing gives your card that little extra touch of dazzle. Thanks for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful take on our BBTB2 patriotic challenge. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantastic!!! I love the papers, the embossing and the cuts! The colors are great. Love it! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut and for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card; love how your fireworks overlap!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the clean, graphic quality about your project, Nice job! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  20. GREAT project! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love it if you'd pop over to my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges,
    http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/
    and play this week. The challenge is to make a project for someone who's left footprints on your life. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job love your fireworks. Thanks for joining us on this challenge over at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very patriotic and great job! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shawn, I really like your card. There's so much too it! I especially like the embossing on the star & then behind it as well. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB, Cicily the Pink Dalmatian Scrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cad! Thanks somuch for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your fireworks and the swiss dot emobssiing! I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. With all these challenges coming to an end. I would like to say "Thank You" from the bottom of my heart for all the lovely comments. Shawn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great patriotic card. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. Thanks for sharing at Exploring Cricut.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous work hun!
    Thanks so much for playing along @ Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete