Saturday, July 21, 2012

Christmas in July

Good Morning Everyone!!!  Today's card is for those challenges out there featuring "Christmas in July". 

I decided to try a different size card and go with a 7 1/2" x 4 3/4".  So I got out my gypsy and away I went.  I chose to use the cricut cartridge "Christmas".  Several months ago, I came across this card and wanted to make it for our Christmas card this year.  This is what I came up with and what better time to get started then now.  I've got to make over 90 cards this year along with envelopes.




The main base of the card is cut at 7 1/2" high and only is brown cardstock.  I welded the duplicate door and hid all features.  So the back of the card is solid.  I then cut the tan cardstock at the same size but this time hiding all features except window.  This was then attached to the main base card.  The door panel was cut once is tan with all features hidden.  Then again in brown with all features. 




For the tan panel is ran it through my cuttlebug using the Tim Holtz "wood" folder.  Then I adhered the brown to the tan.  I then used foam tape to adhere to main card trying to give it some dimension.







For the wreath, I cut everything out at 2.40" including the bow.  I used Tim Holtz tea dye around the main wreath.  The lighter green paper is from Core Couture "apple Martini".  For the red bow, I used the tea dye and my zig pen "black".  I then attached the bow to the wreath and then to the door using foam tape.  After all was in place, I glued a red rhinestone in the middle of the bow.





Then finally, was the door handle and knob.  I cut the handle at the same size as the door (7 1/2").  I pierced a brown brad in the middle for the knob.  Because of the brad, I used foam tape again.  Allowing more dimension to the card.

I haven't yet thought of a saying to go inside.  But heck, we are only in July...........

Challenges I've entered into:

Die Cuttin Divas - Christmas in July
Go Fish - Christmas in July
Clear It Out Challenge - Christmas in July
Creatalicious - Christmas in July
DL Art - Christmas
Exploring Cricut - Christmas in July

Again, thank you for stopping by and leaving comments.  I don't always get around to responding to every ones.  However, I do want you all to know that they are greatly appreciate.  So in advance "Thank You"!!!  Have a great weekend. 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful details on your card! Thanks for playing at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! This is beautiful!!! I love it! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card and thanks for entering it at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful . You did such nice job with the colors and I just love how you used the gold for the door knob area How creative.


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! So lovely! I also can't get enough of that adorable door knob! Thanks so much for playing at the Go Fish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. The cute wreathe and textured door are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Go Fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. The details on your card is just amazing. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Christmas card, love the design!

    Thank you for sharing with Creatalicious Challenges this month.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Thanks for showing and explaining the details. I love seeing how it comes together :) Good luck at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete