Saturday, July 14, 2012

Carribean Island

Wow, where has the time gone.  Here we are already in the middle of July and I still have not taken a vacation.  The way our work load is going, it doesn't seem like we will.  So what better way to pretend to be on vacation, would be to admire the card that I made for today.

First, I would like to thank Robins Creative Cottage for her inspiration of this card.  I followed her design and chose to make some alterations.  Here is what I came up with:




The cricut cartridge that was used was "Life is a Beach". The palm trees were cut at 4.06" using my gypsy. The sand was paper torn and stamped with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye".




The waves were cut at 3/4" and flipped.  I thought I had welded them before cutting.  But when finished cutting they weren't welded.  Oh well....  Things like this happen.




First off, sorry for the white clump on the tiki's face.  Something was stuck on my scanner and I didn't realize it until I had scanned this card.  Anyway, the tiki was first cut at 2" and then copied and hid all the outlines.  The two were attached to each other with foam tape.  I outlined the tiki with my black zig pen.




For the clouds I used the cricut cartridge Everyday Paper Dolls and cut three clouds in random sizes.  I then blue chalked the clouds and attached to card with either foam tape or just straight adhesive tape.  I used a circle hole punch and punched out the yellow to form my sun.  Again I used the Tim Holtz "Tea Dye".

If you have any questions and need more information on this card.  Visit Robins Creative Cottage.  She has some amazing designs.

Challenges I've entered into:

Scrappy Moms Stamps - Hit the Beach
Simply Create Too - Summer Vacation
Docerela Creations - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Great looking card. I like how the waves alternate directions.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card! I love all the layers! Thanks so much for joining us at Docerela Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super relaxing! Fun tiki face! Thanks for joining us at Docerela Creations!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHh nice card. Thank cartridge looks super fun! Has been on my wish list.

    Thank you for joining us at Docerela Creations.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete