Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Bundle of Blessing

Good evening everyone!!!  Sure hope you all had a great Saturday and kept hydrated and cool.  Our temperatures here weren't nearly as hot as those across the United States.  However, tomorrow is said to be a different day.  We are expecting "rain".  Yeah!!!!!  My grass sure could use some more.  But I have to admit it still looks fine (ha,ha).  Before I get onto today's card, I wanted to share some exciting news that I received this morning via email.  Diana over at DL Art informed me that I was randomly picked as her winner of her challenge "2 colors, ribbon and embossing".  I was so excited that I wanted to share this with all of you.  Thank you random.org and Diana with DL Art.  If you have never been to her blog (click here).  She has some fun challenges going on

Anyway onto tonight's card.  Since our oldest daughter is due to have her first baby in January 2013.  I decided to get a jump start on making some baby cards.  I wanted to use the sketch from ScrappingMommy and enter my card into their challenge.  But after reading their blog I realized that I don't have any PKS stamps.  So needless to say, it won't be entered.  But I still used the sketch to help with my card.


So this is what I came up with:


 

I started with a piece of white cardstock (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) as my base card.  Cut a piece of pink cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4 and attached it.  The patterned paper is from Joann's and was cut at 3 3/4 x 4 1/2 and also attached it to the base card.




For these cute little shoes, I used "Kate's ABCs" cricut cartridge.  I cut everything out at 2 1/2".  I used the following keys off of page 42: <Shoes2>; <Shoes2-s>; Layer 1; and Layer 2.  NO shift key was used for the layers.



After adhering the flower and stem to the shoes.  I decided to attach a "yellow" pearl to the center of the flower.  This pearl is from the "Recollection" collection from Michael's.  I then used green glitter to help accent the stems.



With the same "Recollection" collection of pearls from Michael's.  I was able to find a light pink pearl and adhered it as a button for the buckle. 




Then with a stamp set that I won from "Pieces of Me" during one of their challenges.  I chose to use "A Bundle of Blessing".  The ink I used came from Studio G and got it for $1.00.  I'm sorry but I can't remember if I got it from Michael's, Joann's, or Walmart.  This was the last thing I did.  I was hoping the "Blessing" would have shown better.  Stuff happens......




But before I could stamp my sentiment.  I needed to finish the bottom portion of my card.  I cut two different strips of cardstock (pink and green) at 1 x 4 1/4 each.  Then I used my Fiskars to cut scallops along with edge on each.  The green cardstock was attached to the card base first.  The pink I needed to attach white ribbon and then attach it to the card by overlapping the scallops.  I also found in my stash a white flower that I inserted a green brad in the middle and foam taped it to the card.  I added a little green glitter to the green brad.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:

Pause Dream Enjoy - Footprints

Thanks everyone for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete