Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tee Time....

OMG!!!!!  We have finally started receiving our warm temperatures.  Loving it!!!  Spent three - four hours out in the yard the other day and got a golden brown tan.  I'm no longer that white/white color (ha,ha).  Or as my husband would say "paste white".

Today I wanted to share with you another masculine card that I made for my son-in-law's birthday next week.  Since the men in my life love to golf.  I thought this card would be nice to give to him. 




Again a standard A2 card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2).  The base card I used is the same color grey for the pants on the golfer.  The patterned paper is DCWV (dots, stripes, & plaids) was cut at 4 x 4 1/2.  The glitter green I used was also from DCWV (the Christmas & Winter combo).  I cut the green at 4 x 2.  From the 2" line I hand cut a rolling hill to give the illusion that the golfer was hitting out in the greens. 




The blue color cardstock was cut at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4. But before I ran it through my cuttlebug using Divine Swirl folder, I needed to first stamp my sentiment.  So I used my standard Studio G stamp "Happy Birthday" with black ink.





For the golfer I used my cricut cartridge "Sports Mania".  On page 69 of the manual, I cut him out at 4" using the main figure (white), layer (grey), and shadow (black).  Glue them all together and adhered him to the completed card.

We decided to wait until after today's golf game to write our sentiment inside.  So good luck Gabe and Happy Birthday!!!!
   
Challenges:

Just A Scrappin' - Anything goes, but also need to use color green

5 comments:

  1. Great masculine card! Love the colors and love the image too. Thanks for playing with us this week at Just A Scrappin'

    Hugs,
    Jo
    www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card! the grass looks like it does when you are out there on the green and the light flickers on it. Love the embossing to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with us in this week's Just A Scrappin challenge. I think that's my favorite cut from that cartridge. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this card because its very hard to make such a masculine card at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card makes me feel like I'm on the Golf Course! Great job! Thank you so much for joining the challenge!

    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete